100 series wet okole front seat install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Agreed. Seeing it now kinda wish I went taupe. The tan is very close to the head liner now that I look again so it does “fit” with the truck. It’s a few shades lighter than the leather and plastic trim.

That said I’m really liking these covers. They feel great and seem to let dirt and dog hair brush off really easily.

Same boat. All of my leather is great except the drivers seat bottom. I just hate to recover one or both front seats and they not match the back, which are pretty much perfect. I actually really dig the taupe color shown earlier; sort of reminiscent of the King Ranch trucks.
Hey bud -

I did a lot of research today, and I am going to pass. I love the idea and I think the price is right, but if you google wetsuits and neoprene in general the two worst things for them/it are sunlight and heat. Well, its sunny 340 days a year here, and it gets "fairly" hot, lol. I also found this thread: Wet Okole...any experience

FWIW - Most of the reviews I found were positive. A number of people find them sweaty, but its not everyone. I just feel for this climate replacing the leather might be the better choice. I am not sure what you will experience in GA. But it does seem the reviews get worse the closer to the equator you get.

Not trying to influence you or anything, but wanted to pass along what I found.

Thanks for the write up. How long did the install take?

Once I bit the bullet and got took the seats out it was about 30 minutes a side. That’s part of the reason I wrote it up was to save others the trouble.

These actually look great, i've always wanted to stick with the leather but how are you liking these?

We've had them in my kid's 2000 TLC, for not quite 3 years now. While I preferred the factory leather, they have been an acceptable stop gap solution for the time being. They look nice as far as seat covers go. They do have a bit of a smell for the first week or so. Comfort is OK, and haven't observed any "swamp ass" issues, although I do prefer the feel of leather or SOR tuff duck. We really haven't had any abnormal wear issues so far.

These actually look great, i've always wanted to stick with the leather but how are you liking these?
I still like these, but I loathe leather.

Now that I have a couple of years on the Wet Okole I am seeing some wear on the piping on the driver's side. Otherwise the covers have been great, but I would skip the piping option next time.

For reference, the image I posted in the black Friday thread. Taupe with tan piping. Doesn't look out of place with a tan interior at all and I did switch on the recommendation from Wet Okole.

View attachment 2145297
curious how these have held up? i am debating between all tan or the taupe with tan like you have here. thinking the darker will help hide stains and probably fade over time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom