What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked up a BIOR bumper from a fellow mud member, now to paint and install.

BIORrearbumper.jpg

Rebaselining of the LX continues. Had issues with my lower radiator hose not sealing correctly so I went ahead and replaced the upper and lower hoses. I went with the Gates brand hoses. I've heard that some trimming is required for our vehicles. The lower hose required no trimming, but to fit the upper hose, you need to cut about 2" from the side of the hose that connects to the radiator.

No complaints since I saved a few bucks with the Gates hoses vs OEM. Not too worried if these will last 100k+ since I typically change these out during every radiator flush anyway. They appeared to be of decent quality.

Replaced all four speakers per @brizzle 's vid instructions, painted the grills. Replacement was long overdue:

Added extended sway bar links thanks to @reevesci, replaced bushings as well. Got to drill out and re-tap a few bolts, tons of fun.

Used the jack adapter from @LandCruiserPhil to start tweaking the rake and droop, ride is much improved with ca. 2" rake and 65mm droop. Will continue to adjust as the suspension continues to settle...

Resolved P2418 CEL by replacing the VSV near the charcoal canister (P/N: 25860-50100, zip-tied in place). Thanks to @odessit for posting the resolution to this years ago!

Bolted on WKOR sliders, and installed the new dissent rear from @benc . The bumper is well designed and awesome!

Currently waiting on the Ironman front to ship...

I got brave and took the running boards off while the wife was at work. I'll give an update once she gets home...

View attachment 1516859
Good luck with that! I pulled mine off a couple of months ago and it's an argument every time we go somewhere together... I'm saving up for some sliders to calm the anger, haha!

Good luck with that! I pulled mine off a couple of months ago and it's an argument every time we go somewhere together... I'm saving up for some sliders to calm the anger, haha!

I'm having the same issue! I told my wife I thought about removing my running boards and she threatened to never ride in it if I did (lol). She and other small children/adults we lug around have quite a tough time climbing inside as-is, but it's more of an issue with our moms (more concerned about them). I noticed that a lot of the aftermarket sliders out there are tucked up pretty high. Any sliders out there that are step-friendly front and rear for the vertically challenged?

I'm having the same issue! I told my wife I thought about removing my running boards and she threatened to never ride in it if I did (lol). She and other small children/adults we lug around have quite a tough time climbing inside as-is, but it's more of an issue with our moms (more concerned about them). I noticed that a lot of the aftermarket sliders out there are tucked up pretty high. Any sliders out there that are step-friendly front and rear for the vertically challenged?
My wife pretty much took over my other vehicle (Lexus LS430) so I'm hoping that we can agree to disagree about me taking them off.

I'm pretty sure slee makes a slider with a decent step on them. Check out their page.

Signed up for the 200K club. This beautyyyy!!

upload_2017-8-14_13-1-16.png

Must have been the weekend for plasti-dipping wheels, did mine today also.

View attachment 1515537

those goodyear wranglers look damn good! nice work. how does the plastidip stand up to abuse? anyone exposed their plastidip wheels to some abuse, rocks, branches, salt water traffic cops?

deleted

those goodyear wranglers look damn good! nice work. how does the plastidip stand up to abuse? anyone exposed their plastidip wheels to some abuse, rocks, branches, salt water traffic cops?
Scratched mine the next day on a branch while trail riding, they touch up easy though.

Mike at BIOR makes a nice family friendly slider!

Gonna pull mine and hope the wife is annoyed enough for me to justify getting sliders.

At 242k the master cylinder/ABS Accumulator was ready for an overhaul.

The electrical motor was failing causing death lights to go off at random. Took it apart and the brushes looked ok but the commutator was almost worn completely away. Instead of searching around town for a shop to repair I took the easy route and purchased a rebuilt unit from Ebay. Two weeks in and it's working great.

98-07 LEXUS LX470 Toyota LAND CRUISER ABS ANTI-LOCK PUMP Motor/actuator Rebuilt

I also purchased the Toyota part #04493-60330 for $50 from the 'yota dealer. Easy enough to install the new cylinder.

So, after a few hours it all went back together. Thankful I didn't have to buy the $1,800 new unit from Lexus.

Bill D.

Added a KP mount today. Shout out to @reznunt and Yota Beast for the mount. Easy install. Great design. I plan on using its primary function later this evening. (Open my beer! )

View attachment 1517471

Haha awesome, glad you like it! I love mine! Did a shakedown run in Anza Borrego a couple weeks ago and the KP mount passed with flying colors. And I never had to search for a bottle opener lol.

anza-1.jpg
anza-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom