Wet Okole...any experience (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Does anyone have any experience with Wet Okole seat covers in Arizona? The covers I have seen fit very nice but I'm thinking they are going to hot and sticky with the warm (F'n hot) weather we have. Also what are they like when its cold out like 50 degrees or so?:flipoff2:

Looking for feedback on:
Fit
Finish
Comfort
Durability
Resistance to stains

not in az, but in colorado. they weren't sticky, and no more hot than a normal seat, but they are not at all resistant to stains, and they tear very easily. i would think the hot dry sun there would wear them out quicker also. fit was great. if you're looking for waterproof (like an open top rig), they do a great job protecting the seat, but allow the water to pool in the seat so you have a wet butt.

I had a set on my Samurai. They were great but when it was hot out they were about the same as vinyl. The fit was perfect on my seats, they did fade quickly but most of the time i didn't have a top on. The comfort part was better than new seats, they made ripped, broken down and poke you in the back springs vanish. Other than the fading the held up great with no signs of wear over the 2 years i used them. I am not to sure about the stains I never got anything on them that left a stain, but then again they were black so you couldn't really tell anyway.

I do, Phil, had a set on the old Princess when I drove out to Phoenix for graduate school. Within a year, they'd disintegrated, the sun really made the top layer deteriorate. For what you pay for a set of them, I don't think they're worth it. Just my biased $0.02....

Phil - to add the the below, I had a set of WOK on my early 4runner, they faded right away (within a year), and were not very washable for stains.
I have had Coverking silver and black seat covers for three + years now on my 01 4runner, and have had great results...fit is excellent once adjusted, and the pressure washer has removed anything the trail, coffee, or children have put on the since. I highly recommend - price wasn't too bad either.
As far as temp - there better than leather for getting hot, they will never burn you in shorts. I don't notice them being any hotter to sit in as an insulator...

Last edited:
not in az, but in colorado. they weren't sticky, and no more hot than a normal seat, but they are not at all resistant to stains, and they tear very easily. i would think the hot dry sun there would wear them out quicker also. fit was great. if you're looking for waterproof (like an open top rig), they do a great job protecting the seat, but allow the water to pool in the seat so you have a wet butt.

ditto -

had em in the 60 and took em out and ran bare - the seats not me -

Phil,

Check out Seat Covers Unlimited in Mesa. They custom made me a set for my 80 that fit like a glove, repelled water pretty well and didn't make the seat hot. I have since installed new leather on the front, but kept the middle row covers since I have car seats and messy kids. The fabric choices and colors are almost endless.

SeatCoversUnlimited.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom