100 Series Spare Parts to Carry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All,

I have a 2001 LX 470, with 340,000 miles on it. I have replaced the timing belt, brake booster, globes, and drive shaft. I have had 3 oil analysis done, with 3 consecutive oil changes and the motor is doing well per the oil analysis company/report. The samples were compared to 2500 other samples taken from the same model motor.

Are there any spare parts I should be keeping on hand or parts I should be concerned about?

I carry some spare ignition coils and spark plugs and a serpentine belt because I had one break on me one time and had to walk about 5 miles to the parts store. LOL

Perhaps heater Ts, serpentine belt, coil packs, fuses

1657812135499.png

What I carry:
- Immobilizer / EFI fuse relay fix
- 2 Ebay ignition rods
- 1 outer tierod
- Serp belt
- Idler pulley
- 1 Coil pack
- Tools, including 54mm socket and snap ring plyers
- Coolant
- 1 heater T (mine are new but you never know.. )
- Random fuses & Toyota bolts (pulled a bunch from my local pick & pull)
- I will get a spare fuel pump for my next 2 week trip to Moab just in case

I am new to the 100 world, but the hysteria over these plastic Ts seems crazy. People have examples of them lasting 15 years from new... and easily 10 years. People may forget to change them, and should be reminded to do so... but it is not like it is a faulty part that could grenade at any time!

I am new to the 100 world, but the hysteria over these plastic Ts seems crazy. People have examples of them lasting 15 years from new... and easily 10 years. People may forget to change them, and should be reminded to do so... but it is not like it is a faulty part that could grenade at any time!

Plenty of them have gone over 20 years but replacing them in the 10 - 15 year timeframe is prudent. It isn't really a "faulty" part but if you pay no attention it could fail at any time with severe consequences. Geologic time includes now, as they say. Toyota should have put it on the maintenance schedule at 120k / 10 years or so. It's plastic and critical, on a vehicle that is quite overbuilt otherwise.

but it is not like it is a faulty part that could grenade at any time!

Not a faulty part, but just like the PHH on the 80, it is something that's known to fail, can leave you stranded, and can kill your engine if you don't catch it if it does fail.

The original parts are all at an age they are failing, for $20 it's a very prudent thing to change

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom