100 Series Attic Shelf Bracket Availability (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Perhaps beta testers could get in on the first run?

Yup, me too!

Perhaps beta testers could get in on the first run?
Roger that.

Otherwise I’m going in chronological order of those who have requested first. The brackets are not yet cut and I’m sure the laser cutting vendor wouldn’t mind the extra business of additional brackets. I’m closing in on 20 request so I’m going to do the best I can to get those out to you guys/gals.

Next week machining starts. I’ll post pics as I go.

For a change, I would like to put my name on the WAITING LIST for the SECOND true production run.

Reason, can't install in near future due to med reasons.
You got it! I wish you the best. Get better before ski season!

@hotdiggitydamn do you yet know the retail/production price ? I’m looking to get a set for my bro in law… maybe.

For a change, I would like to put my name on the WAITING LIST for the SECOND true production run.

Im sore

I’m sure someone closer could come install them for ya if needed.

We be a good community!

Last edited:
I'm in for 2 sets to fit my 2006s when you get to those.

The install is quick and easy. One must climb in the back of your 100 and sit in the cargo area to install the brackets and shelf. Other than that no BFD. This is, obviously, assuming the 3rd row seats are already removed. With the correct, basic, tools this installs in under 10 minutes.

@hotdiggitydamn do you yet know the retail/production price ? I’m looking to get a set for my bro in law… maybe.
I won’t know for sure until things are finalized with the laser cutter. It seems I’m a very small fish in their pond. Lol. It’s going to be in the low to mid $100 range due to the machined hardware and cottage made nature.

The first set I made for myself were just a simple bolt together affair on all four corners and while much simpler to make was MUCH more difficult to install with one person. Doubly so with drawers in the way. This arrangement with the custom hardware is the reason the install is in my opinion easy. The custom mounting standoffs also hide the bare metal of the mounting surface for a clean look.

That said I’m not opposed to developing a set with more traditional hardware in the future to drive cost down. For now I’m making exactly what I think is the best possible solution and what I personally would want. 80 series solutions seem to run approx $50 for a painted DIY solution with no rack to approx $250 for a very nice complete solution. I’m shooting for the middle of that range.

Here is the first batch of hardware after 75 cuts, 150 facing ops, and 75 chamfers last night. This represents about 1/3 of the total ops to make the first batch of hardware.

978192B5-5371-4D14-8F87-00B69A2A4755.jpeg

The install is quick and easy. One must climb in the back of your 100 and sit in the cargo area to install the brackets and shelf. Other than that no BFD. This is, obviously, assuming the 3rd row seats are already removed. With the correct, basic, tools this installs in under 10 minutes.
U got me on the "climb" (especially w a tough dog susp lift). Not wheel chair bound, but close.

Hey guys and gals! Quick update as I’ve been getting questions lately: A few changes have occurred but basically these are being made of matte black powder coated steel. They are being laser cut and CNC bent. I don’t have an exact date but fingers crossed this week I’ll get the brackets back.

I’ve made one minor change in that I have made the mounting pegs a few thousandths larger to account for minor variation
in rack dimensions. There weren’t any reported problems before but I would rather a tight fit than loose. I’m 98% done otherwise. I’m making 15 sets in this first batch plus one for testing of the final product.

I’m confident enough at this point to say the price should be $100 ($99.99). So less than I was initially thinking.

Once this first batch is out the door and everything looks good it won’t be 1/4 the time or effort to produce larger batches quicker. Then I’ll show some love to you late year 100’s. Then on to other “things” I’m already looking forward to!

Here is a few pics of hardware produced and waiting for matching brackets.
F4F480DD-07B7-413F-8DAD-60B0D9071288.jpeg
D7AF6374-5E31-4641-A1FD-0F7569E80041.jpeg

Hey guys and gals! Quick update as I’ve been getting questions lately: A few changes have occurred but basically these are being made of matte black powder coated steel. They are being laser cut and CNC bent. I don’t have an exact date but fingers crossed this week I’ll get the brackets back.

I’ve made one minor change in that I have made the mounting pegs a few thousandths larger to account for minor variation
in rack dimensions. There weren’t any reported problems before but I would rather a tight fit than loose. I’m 98% done otherwise. I’m making 15 sets in this first batch plus one for testing of the final product.

I’m confident enough at this point to say the price should be $100 ($99.99). So less than I was initially thinking.

Once this first batch is out the door and everything looks good it won’t be 1/4 the time or effort to produce larger batches quicker. Then I’ll show some love to you late year 100’s. Then on to other “things” I’m already looking forward to!

Here is a few pics of hardware produced and waiting for matching brackets.View attachment 2725131View attachment 2725132

I can't tell you how READY and EXCITED I am to get this in my vehicle!

Thanks again for doing all this bro, I truly hope it proves as satisfying for you as it looks to be for us!

Subscribed for late model design. This is slick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom