100 Newbie (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone! Thank you for taking time for me today. I recently purchased, from the original owner, a 1999 100 series with 150,000 miles. It's all original condition. I'd like to raise the front suspension and install oversized tires and wheels (currently 275/60R16). Not wanting to make this vehicle a rock crawler, but something nice for my wife to drive around town and possibly tow something small with it.
I previously worked for 4 Wheel Parts for 18 years, and with Toyota Corporation for the past 7+ years. Unfortunately I haven't kept up on all the aftermarket suspension options, other than Old Man Emu torsion bars. What other options do I have?
If anyone would be willing to help guiding me, I'd appreciate any help.
Thank you!
PDITY

Welcome!

You can fit 285/75/16 [33 inch tires] easy. If you just want to raise the front, do a torsion bar crank. Super easy and all it will cost is an alignment. Make sure you stay 3/4 - 1" lower in front than the back and you will be good to go. Check my thread for torsion bar crank. The new BFG KO3's are out now so check them out.

If your going to trailer something check out the OME 2865 springs, they are a good ride and will add an extra 200lbs of carrying weight in the back.

Good luck!

Welcome!

You can fit 285/75/16 [33 inch tires] easy. If you just want to raise the front, do a torsion bar crank. Super easy and all it will cost is an alignment. Make sure you stay 3/4 - 1" lower in front than the back and you will be good to go. Check my thread for torsion bar crank. The new BFG KO3's are out now so check them out.

If your going to trailer something check out the OME 2865 springs, they are a good ride and will add an extra 200lbs of carrying weight in the back.

Good luck!
This in a nut shell. There are a lot of suspension options to chose from and it varies on what works best for you. Some popular options are Ironman, Dobinsons, and OME.

Welcome!

Good luck!
Sorry for the delay responding! Thank you for the input..... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom