06/07 LX470 Nav/Radio upgrades? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK
I am in the market and will be buying an 06 or 07 LX470 shortly (very soon if the one I just found works out)
Anyway...
What options do I have out there to upgrade to a new stereo and Nav?
I will have a professional install as if not I will crack everything! There are good shops (not Best Buy) near me.
So I'd like to hear what others have done and been happy with?
Will I loose any other functions etc?
Thanks!

The good news: There are some good options
The bad news: You got some reading to do... Search Results for Query: vais | IH8MUD Forum

I did the Vais (iPod integration, Satellite) upgrade back in 2011. It's good, but the newer systems are better.

Thanks! :)

To be honest I am more interested in looking at replacing/upgrading the whole unit.
I'm sure there are a couple replacement/upgrade aftermarket options for a new Nav system/stereo

I don't think you're going find anything to replace the head unit. That thing is so integrated - controls the stereo, nav, hvac, trip computer and on an on...

Yeah, just realizing that with more research!
I thought you were just showing me that as an option, did not realize it was really the only option haha
WOW
That stinks BUT far from the end of the world or enough to put me off a LX470!

Hmmm.

What about Sirius in an 06? Is my only option streaming it from my phone as I really don't want to go that route.

Nope - no phone streaming. Use the Vais or the USASpec. My Sirius comes in through the factory controls. Could NOT imagine not having it.

My '07 (w/ nav) cycles through three pages of satellite stations by hitting the AM/SAT button on the radio. I don't currently pay for the Sirius/XM service, but I do get their one free promotional channel of pop music. There must be some factory satellite system tied in there somewhere, no?

Interested in the newer/better options that improve on the VAIS system. Just about ready to pull the trigger on the wired system. I value sound quality over the bluetooth streaming.

UGH! Seems every time time I find what I am looking for (low miles 06 LX)
It sells as soon as I see it!!!! UGH! Just missed a 1 owner under 75K miles for 22K.
C6H12O6 please let me know what other options you are considering? From most of the research I have
Been able to find here the VAIS and USASpec are the only ones mentioned

UGH! Seems every time time I find what I am looking for (low miles 06 LX)
It sells as soon as I see it!!!! UGH! Just missed a 1 owner under 75K miles for 22K.
the joy of the hunt! you gotta be ready to act FAST. as soon as i found mine (the day it hit inventory at local dealer) i dove immediately there and put $1000 for them to hold it until the next day so i could do a proper inspection. by the time we got back the next morning to go over it, there were 3 others waiting in line behind me if i passed on it.

I guess I will find out soon, well as soon as I can find one that isn't sold within minutes of it being posted...

UGH!!!

there appears to be AN option for replacing the whole unit, and someone is currently waiting on delivery to be the guinea pig. there's a link to a youtube video which shows it has the HVAC function as well.

Lexus/Toyota Factory Navigation to 10" screen upgrade

I feel like this is the one area in all of MUD that has not been solved yet.
2003+ 100 series head unit replacement is the unicorn/holy grail/golden goose

1000 likes to whoever finally does it.

I will likely go with the VAIS set up. From all I can find it sounds like the best easy option.

Surprised there are not more options out there but I guess the market is limited.

Thanks again for all the help!!

yep @Warde same issue with the GX470. i would guess once it's figured out on one, it is only a matter of time before others start producing for other toyota/lexus

Hey everyone, I'm looking at doing the upgrade to an '06 LX470. Here is what I've found, the price looks great and it's Android 9
1595966162422.png

here is the link, don't forget to add the code.

Does anyone have experience with Phoenix Automotive, and with this unit in particular? I've tried doing one of these changes before and it was a disaster, they sent the wrong part and I've been trying to get it resolved for about 6 months (I'm looking for a refund now).

I guess I will find out soon, well as soon as I can find one that isn't sold within minutes of it being posted...

UGH!!!
Yeah, gotta move fast on these. Just wait till you try to get registered for the annual "100's in the Hill's" event. It sells out in just 2 minutes. Best of luck in your hunt.

Hey everyone, I'm looking at doing the upgrade to an '06 LX470. Here is what I've found, the price looks great and it's Android 9
View attachment 2386665
here is the link, don't forget to add the code.

Does anyone have experience with Phoenix Automotive, and with this unit in particular? I've tried doing one of these changes before and it was a disaster, they sent the wrong part and I've been trying to get it resolved for about 6 months (I'm looking for a refund now).
There are at least two long, detailed threads where you'll have more luck asking questions about these types of conversions. Almost all of the info you need or want is in them.

There are at least two long, detailed threads where you'll have more luck asking questions about these types of conversions. Almost all of the info you need or want is in them.
I've read through them, the different models have different requirements, the '06 lx470 is mentioned by Ell, but there isn't as much detail for the change as some other models. That's why I'm posting here, under "06/07 LX470 Nav/Radio upgrades"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom