Blacked out grill! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Took the grill off sanded the @&@&@&@& out ouf it and threw on some good black flat. I like the results.
frill.JPG

Looks good, now go one more step and black out all the chrome..............
Butch

Gonna splurge for a new bumper...maybe an ARB so the chrome bumpers days are numbered!!!

I think it is one of the easiest/best mods to do on the 60/62. I had mine for about 4 months before I did it, and I still cant believe the difference. Did you do the vents too? I did all mine at the same time. Now I just need to get rid of the chrome rear bumper and Ill be completely "stealth".

Hodag

:idea: Vents are next!

i agree the black does look so much better...best thing i did looks wise. next best will be to fix the quarter panel i bashed in :doh:

I'm a fan as well.

That looks awesome. I like the headlight trim too. The original paint scheme on the grill looks pretty good IMOP until the chrome and paint eventually wear off. As soon as mine starts to look like crap, I'm going to do that as well.

Nice truck 3putt. :)

That looks sweet man, am getting closer and closer to doing that to mine. How long did it take to sand it ?

sweet man, what kinda rims are you running?

It took about an hour to sand everything.

BLACK Rims!!!! :grinpimp:

Its an old pic....you can see chrome on front!
tiresa.JPG

DAM, clean, i love it!

Notice no snake blinders!!!

Lookin good man! :cool: I painted the grill on my '88 62 with some plasticote charcoal grey metallic, it turned out great. Compared to the yellowing plastic anyways. I did the whole grill except for the chrome letters. It matches the body pretty damn good. I'm sure you guys want pics, tomorrow I'll be going to paragon so I'll have a camera and I'll take some pics of my grill b4 the trip.

cxs said:
Love the look too, anyone have one of a 62 black grill?

Here ya go...my '90...

I originally blacked out the grille a few years ago using SEM satin black trim paint. I have to touch it up about once a year. Just be sure to put on numerous coats of paint.

Speaking of the snake-blinders...how do the handle the little "holes" left over in the body? Aren't they just asking for muck and grim?

25081550-M.jpg

charky said:
Here ya go...my '90...

I originally blacked out the grille a few years ago using SEM satin black trim paint. I have to touch it up about once a year. Just be sure to put on numerous coats of paint.

Speaking of the snake-blinders...how do the handle the little "holes" left over in the body? Aren't they just asking for muck and grim?

Hmm, I like that - guess I got something add to my list, thanks!

Is yours de-chromed too? Can't be to sure from the pic.

Waiting to hear about the snake bliners too! There has to be something other than welding, grinding and re-painting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom