FJ62 Grill replacement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KDAWG97m3

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone cerakote a FJ62 grill? Anyone have a good FJ62 grill and headlight surrounds for sale? I am not wanting to paint it, but thinking maybe a grey cerakote might look good against the red cruiser? Any thoughts?

total long shot, anyone have a set of snake blinders they want to sell :)

Thanks

Last edited:
I plan to softly blast and then ceralkote my stock grill grey. I think a few people around here have done something similar. The worst part is surface prep. The old chrome (or whatever it is) sucks to remove

Anyone cerakote a FJ62 grill? Anyone have a good FJ62 grill and headlight surrounds for sale? I am not wanting to paint it, but thinking maybe a grey cerakote might look good against the red cruiser? Any thoughts?

total long shot, anyone have a set of snake blinders they want to sell :)

Thanks
Why not just go aftermarket?

Reactions: OSS
They’re not junk. They just don’t last quite as long as the original because the chrome plating is very thin. But they are relatively inexpensive. So so what.

I’d rather have a new aftermarket grill that looks fantastic than a painted grill which invariably looks like hell

They’re not junk. They just don’t last quite as long as the original because the chrome plating is very thin. But they are relatively inexpensive. So so what.

I’d rather have a new aftermarket grill that looks fantastic than a painted grill which invariably looks like hell
I am looking for replacements as well and am OK with aftermarket. Any experience with which ones are best? Found options at Cruiser Parts, Relik Garage, and Cruiser Corps but prices are all over the board.

I am looking for replacements as well and am OK with aftermarket. Any experience with which ones are best? Found options at Cruiser Parts, Relik Garage, and Cruiser Corps but prices are all over the board.
My guess is that there’s only one manufacturer.. it’s too expensive to create the plastic mold for such a limited market.
My guess? They are all identical. Buy the cheapest one.
(But I don’t have any evidence to back up this claim).

My guess is that there’s only one manufacturer.. it’s too expensive to create the plastic mold for such a limited market.
My guess? They are all identical. Buy the cheapest one.
(But I don’t have any evidence to back up this claim).
Makes sense. Thanks!

I’ll fit all these items in the next week. I’ll take pics. All of my front end will be aftermarket reproduction for the brightwork and lights.

IMG_4281.jpeg

I’m using depo/lucid markers and turns,

And I’ll fit the new bezels and grille when it all comes in.

Reactions: OSS
The chrome on these aftermarket grills is very thin. Nothing like the original Toyota grill. It will corrod too. What I found to really keep both the chrome and plastic looking sharp was to wipe them down with linseed oil occasionally. It keeps the chrome from corroding and seems to preserve the plastic

Get a grille from @kelly saad . It'll last longer than you will!

I agree that Kelly's grills are the best. I've had one for a few years now and it is bombproof.

20200404_103748.jpg

They definitely do look great. His grills for other models of Cruisers fit the aesthetic perfectly too. Dude's got a great eye (and skill) for this stuff.

I wish I could've plunked down the money to have him do body work and a full repaint with retro 80s Toyota stripes on my 62, but at $10K minimum (I've seen his work; you do get what you pay for) I would've been terrified to even drive it anywhere for fear of even a tiny scratch, or worse yet, being stolen.

Brooke Carr has a brand new NOS 62 grille for sale for like $500 or something. Its like the sahara grey color though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom