Testing at "The Rolls OHV Park" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Mike_AZ and I when to “The Rolls OHV Park” on Saturday for a little testing. Mike wanted to do a first time check out run in his new FJ40. Mike found a sweet ’75 FJ40 from originally from Westside Toyota, 100% rust free, and uncut. Mike has spent the last few weeks upgrading and cleaning up issues from the PO. And I have yet to cycle my suspension with my new bling Bilstein so off we went.

The Rolls OHV Park is mostly best suited for motorcycles and ATVs. It has lots of sand washes, whoops, and some hill climbs. But it is close and open and it suited our needs.

Mikes goal is for an old school look (uncut) with a nice ride and creature comforts. Running 33” pizza cutters we found he could stuff the front to the factory bump stops with stock springs and no contact. The rear needs about 2” of lift to level out the cruiser and keep the tires from bottoming out on the tops of the fenders wells. By using pizza cutters tires he will not need to cut the rear sheet metal at all. The skinny tires run deep in the sand and was real happy with the PS upgrade and will add a needed PS cooler before summer. The new cooling system also proved itself perfect lugging the cruiser thru miles of deep sand. Mike is on his way to meeting his goal.

I recently upgraded graded my shocks to Bilsteins and the ride is soft, smooth, and provides full use of shock travel available with ease. With my current shock mounts I can only get shocks with 9”+- travel and for now that will be just fine.

All in all our junk worked great with no problem. We drove around for a few hours and stopped to watch the sunset, air up, and in traditional CSC style bull@&@&@&@&ed into the dark.

Caution cheap poser shots
mikes 40 mud.jpg
Phils 40mud.jpg
Phil Mike mud.jpg

Sounds like fun! Nice poser pics too!:princess:

yeah, The Rolls are always good for a short afternoon spin (and close, too). The further east you are and the closer to Saguaro Lake, there are some nice steep hills. Lots of play areas. Found a stripped Toyota minitruck frame at the bottom of one of the hills in the spring. There were rangers surveying the area with trucks and helicopter; no idea what they were up to.

PS: what type of winch is that on the beige cruiser? Looks low enough not to block the radiator, that's what I am looking for.

Did I mention P/S Kicks A$$

This was the maiden voyage for the 40 series---After wheel bearings/axle seals, brake master, booster, adjust brakes, new clutch master/slave/adjustment, plugs/wires, engine/gear lube, wiring cleanup, tires, belts, new heavy duty 4 core radiator/hoses AND POWER STEERING.:)

This 40 drives straight as an arrow with no issues now. Look forward to taking the 40 out a lot more.

LC Phil, I saw your cruiser at the Park and Ride near Sky Harbour on my way
to Vegas a few weeks ago. Recognized the hood scoop! What shock towers are you using?
SOa or SUA. Which Bilsteins did you go with and where did you get them!

I recently put ford towers on my '76 and need to order some, carb probs (q-jet)
are slowing me down right now!

Thanks

62FJ40 said:
LC Phil, I saw your cruiser at the Park and Ride near Sky Harbour on my way
to Vegas a few weeks ago. Recognized the hood scoop! What shock towers are you using?
SOa or SUA. Which Bilsteins did you go with and where did you get them!

I recently put ford towers on my '76 and need to order some, carb probs (q-jet)
are slowing me down right now!

Thanks

Ya grab the AM flight to LV for the SEMA show.

Stock shock towers, SUA, custom springs, and Bilstein 5125's. Picked up the shocks from LMT4X4.com recomendation from woody. Mike was ez to deal with and shipped fast.

62FJ40 you need to come out to the meeting and join CSC.

LMT4x4 for my Bilsteins, too (no shipping costs). Very happy with them.

Must of been right behind you! Spent 2 days at SEMA also
I'll give LMT a call, been really busy last few months but as
soon as things mellow out I definately want to get to some
meetings and join up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom