Tuffy Center Console. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone ever fit a Tuffy Security center console into an 80? I could really use a locking center console... looking for ideas.

Damn! ...you got some serious wiring going on there. So it is possible. What model/size its that? From what I see on the tuffy site, they don't look like they fit. We have the exact same truck (94' burgundy) the center floor area looks likes its at a strange angle... and the bottom of the tuffys are flat.

Would you mind giving me more details? Thanks!

Sure MF;

Not sure of model, but I think it was this one:

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/consoles/center/deluxe_stereo.html

#013, 8 inches wide. I used a 4 inch wide aluminum channel that I found at a junk yard for the rear mount. It mounts on top of the original rear mount. This is kind of a do it your self project. Now for the front mount. I used a 2.5 inch x 1/8 " thick x ~7 1/2" plate, with holes to match the front mtg holes of original box. The plate slips down inside of the stereo slot. A 12mm socket on long extension (1/4") is used to fasten same. The drink holders are not used. The mounting of the tuffy puts ur arm up about 2 inches higher and makes for a real arm chair driving position.

That should give a start on ideas.

Got one in there, cup holder and all...

Used factory mounts with extra support plate for the rear, similar to what you were talking about.

Thanks again for the info!
DSC01055.jpg
DSC01078.jpg
DSC01054.jpg

MF34.... Can you give us a whole pic of the console? Thanks

I don't know about that color, might have to get a black one or paint it black or brown depending on if I would want to match the interior.

MLX450 said:
MF34.... Can you give us a whole pic of the console? Thanks

I'll post more detailed pics asap!

PKP80 said:
I don't know about that color, might have to get a black one or paint it black or brown depending on if I would want to match the interior.

The tan actually matches pretty well. For some reason the flash made the interior colors in these pictures look dark and the box lighter than it actually is.

Which model # did you go with MF? It looks like its lacking the stereo compartment (fine by me). edit**** I found that model on the tuffy site, nevermind...

And is it high enough/close enough to function as a armrest for the driver?

Last edited:
MF34Inc said:
I'll post more detailed pics asap!

Ahem, we're waiting... :D

alia176 said:
Ahem, we're waiting... :D

Ha! ... Sorry for the delay, more pics soon I promise!!!!... and yes, the armrest is great. Much more comfortable because its higher and wider.

Could someone post the exact model number of this console?

Better late than never?

1" metal tubing cut to fill the cap between Tuffy console and factory mount. Rear legs pull tight to the floor. Center hole in cup holder lines up with front factory screw mount. Some washer are need to level it out. You can drill the floor and screw the rear legs down if you like for extra support. Its defnitely longer than the factory console, and takes up some room in the rear floor area. Its usually just me running around for work so I'm not really worried about rear passengers. Those who have been back there since slid by with no problem.
10.jpg
11.jpg

:eek: that thing is way too long for me! I couldn't even fold the seats down I don't think. I wonder if they have a shorter one?

I doubt it's all that long unless the cup holders in the front are an integral part of the console.

Kalawang

The spec on the Tuffy sites states 24" length including the cup holder. So yes, it's a long one!

The cup holders are removable if you need to shorten the console up. Ali, Rick had to remove his cup holders in his jeep after he added the Atlas. Of course, removing the cup holders would suck, I used the hell out of those in my jeep, when I had it. They are in the perfect location.

The cup holder is indeed removable. But looks stupid without it when you butt it up against the shifter console. Also raises it up another 4". You'll be loosing blood flow in your right arm while driving. Tuffy has a 30 day satisfaction gaurantee. I suggest ordering one, sitting it in there, and you'll see what your mounting options are, and how it will look. If you don't dig it, send it back! Ya heard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom