Jocasee/ mountain estates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I think I heard that the UC go to Devils Fork and camp sometime duringthe year. The have a great site now where you can make reservations on line. I'm thinking this could be something that all Cruisers could do if it was planned out long enough in advance. Since the park has primitive, rv and villias at reasonable prices I thought we could camp there on a weekend maybe just one night have a nice campfire and then hit Mountain estates for the hardy people or for those who don't want to tear something up they could do a road trip up to Ceasars Head and maybe into Pisgah or just have fun at Jocasee for the day then after we are done wheeling we could come back and have a good dinner and some beers.

I've got a boat that we can use. And since there are showers laundy and bath facilities I could probably get the wife to come. Only $18 for a site with water and electricity. I know it's not at ME but some people might like to come and camp or even get with someone else and rent a villa for like $110 a night. I heard they are very nice. Could be something the whole family could enjoy and something for everyone.

Any thoughts.

It is a pretty cool place. Although I have never camped there, I have spent the last 5 July 4th weeks up at my place down the road while several other friends have rented the villas and camped. Always had one of my boats with me and hung out on the lake with them. Water is a little colder that what we Floridians are used too. But a couple of beers takes care of the shivvers. :beer:

By the way, I'll be hanging out up at my place and Lake Jocassee the week of July 1-8. :cheers:

You know me, I'm down! I gotta find a good woman to share a camp with if everyone is bringing their women folk, and even if I don't, I'll come anyway.

Does that country store near there still have blue grass on Saturdays?

Hey I'm up for some campin, if someone rents a villa can my gf come and use your bathroom...haha. I haven't fabbed up the toilet seat for the back of the cruier yet.

Hey JP maybe that can be the first thing we do once you get back. I just had to replace my toilet in the remodel cause it was cracked, so I definatlely have the seat.

SO I've still got this thing on my mind. What would be a good weekend for ya'll in Sept. I'm up for any.

2nd-4th No villas available /also labor day weekend

9th-11th No villas available / plenty of camp sites

16th-18th No villas available / plenty of camp sites

23rd-25th no villas available /plenty of camp sites

30th-2nd Villas available! / plenty of camp sites

I'm thinking come friday night hang out around a camp fire, camp for those who want to rough it and villas for the others. Wake up to breakfast in/at one of the villas. Split off into two or three groups.

1. Mountain estates for the hard core.
2. David mentioned horse pasture or some other nice trail would be open then for a fun trailride with no carnage. Could even give the ladies a hand at having fun instead of us.
3. Those who just want to hang out at the lake. I think we have some Kayak connections and I'll have my boat for those to enjoy. Might even be able to take some people trolling for trout early Sat morning to cook up for Saturday night.

Wake up Sunday and head out.

Camp sites are cheap and plenty this time of year. But the villas are going fast so if we do this we need to do this fast before they are gone otherwise my city slicker wife will not come.

What date would you like to see and when would like to do this? I think it would be a fun family event and have something for everyone.

Last edited:
The 9-11 will work best for me, or the first weekend in october........ those are the only away games on clemson's schedule. I can't miss a home game, it's my last year. But if you guys decide to have them on one of the other weekends, I will still prob. come out for atleast friday and part of the day sat. just have to be back in time for kick off!

I've added a few links above and dates to my second post.

sept 30th-oct 2nd are the only times in sept that have villas still available. SO if we can decide on a date we might be able to get a villa. Other wise my city slicker wife won't come.

I'm voting for 30th-2nd

I'm not willing to miss watchign any clemson game so I vote for the second weekend in OCT otherwise I'll tell you guys to have fun.

camping yes!

My whole family will be up there Sept. 9-10 at a villa. Screw the villa crap let's camp, Devil's Fork has some of the nicest facilities in the state. The stooges go up there all the time.

Alright this is getting confusing so I'm going to put a Poll up. And yes I think camping is the way to go. But I think giving people the option will draw a bigger crowd.

weekends

Marshall,
I've been around this club a long time. The best thing to do when planning something is just to pick a date and then everybody who can participate will. We've planned and planned some events, had people commited and then, just a few show up. Then we've just thrown some things together at the last minute and had people from other freakin' states show up. Unbelievable. Let's narrow it down to two weekends and then just cement it. My vote is for the Sept 23rd or Sept 30th, be later in the year nice camping weather, nice for seayaking too, not as many boat motorheads. I just appreciate all the new blood and all of the enthusiasm for getting out and doing stuff.

-Travis

later in the month is def good it would be nice if the trees had some color in them....... also just another idea to throw out. We had a while back discussed the trail ride from Buerels (sp?) ford to cashiers. This might be something we could do that weekend, especially if the leaves are changing, it would be beautiful winding high through the mountains. I would imagine the trail could be run in a day, however it would most likely be a full one. but it is from what I have heard and little I have seen a fairly easy trail except for a short spot at the beginning; but it is nothing we couldn't get everyone through.

How far is that away from Devils Fork?

And is it something for everyone?

And I think the trail ride David suggested to me Sat sounded like a place for those who didn't want to tear anything up. But I think I'll let him tell us about it.

David?

I would say 45 mins away, you just take 11 all the way to Wahalla and then head for the mountains....... I would not say it is for everyone, because it is off roading and so the cruiser is going to get dirty. However I don't believe it is a trail that will result in body damage. I believe chuck has done it in his stock 60. It is nothing like Mountain Estates, but it still looks to be a fun ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom