It fits! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not only does it fit but I won 3 bets from those of little faith.

It_Fits.jpg

:bounce:

-B-

That is one nice rig. I REALLY look forward to the day I've got a similar set up on my now stock 95. I too am curious about your suspension and tire size, as well as your sliders. Whacha got??

Perk

Gotta like the rack. Full size one too.

Glad it fits B.

Chatterbug .... git !

;p

SO you don't have to air down just to get in your garage :) sweeet Just make sure the weather doesn't change and add a few PSI to your tires, or you might not make it out from the looks of it. :flipoff2:

Beo, how do we know that you didn't put the rack on INSIDE of the garage, and now you are stuck?

:D
Very nice rack, like those shelves, I've put those in the last two garages I had.....

305's and OME medium with 1" front spacer as of today. The sliders were custom made from George's plans; they are very similar to Christo's old/new step sliders. Tyres at 40psi and it has a full tank in that picture. It may not fit with an empty tank without ballast in the rear.

The shelves cost a fortune but something had to be done to organize things. The far wall is mostly cruiser and camping related. The near wall, which you can't see, has one row of shelves up high and a couple of 4' sections toward the garage entrance. Above the red car is sleeping bags, ski boots, and a long ceiling mounted rack with plastic pipe, 2x4's, wood trim, and things like that.

As Riley astutely noticed, that is the full-length Outback aluminum rack. It will hold a lot of beer .... I mean gear.

landtank said:
Nice, Pristine is looking a little dirty though.

:flipoff2:

-B-

Gumby said:
That garage is 20#s in a 5# bag.

If you think mine's a blivot, let me post up a couple of pics of C-Dan's garage. :D

-B-

wulfman, looks great. Did you get the sunroof door? just out of curiosity, how tall are you now (your truck that is :D)? I just got riley to measure his truck yesterday to see how much height the outback rack adds as I am considering adding a half rack ARB or outback. You would give me an upper limit for the outback rack with same lift since Riley has 81" with streets and I have AT 32s. Meanwhile I have to check the u/g parking around my work to see if anywhere offers more than 6' 8"

Please tell me you don't have a bay under your parking spot?!?!

Hoping it is just cardboard :)

What kind of rack is that? Because I want one like that for my truck that fits the whole top but I don't want one too expensive like arb or slee's.

That's the Outback rack sold by Slee offroad. They cost a bit of $$ but they are nice.

BW, tell us about wind noise sometime, eh!

FSIMG this is how you earned that nickname. Only you would ask a guy who has you on ignore a question that he has already answered if you took the time to read, while throwing in a thoughtless (and ironic) slam at another board member (Christo) while you are there. TRY THINKING AND BREATHING AT THE SAME TIME.

edit: whoops missed two new posts there. For those wondering this is aimed at Stuck in Georgia

Last edited:
semlin said:
Did you get the sunroof door? just out of curiosity, how tall are you now (your truck that is :D)?

Simon,
This rack has the hatch over the sunroof. There are 2 big knobs that unscrew from underneath; easily accessible when the sunroof is opened. The hatch is basically the same size as the sunroof; perhaps 1" bigger.

I will measure my garage entrance tonight. This will tell you how tall I am since there is only 1/4" of room to spare. :D

It looks like you covered the answers to whatever questions FSIMIG asked. I can see that he posted something but I'll have to take him off the ignore list in order to see what he asked.

Riley and TJK have covered a discussion of the high quality of the Slee Outback rack. I will echo their praises. This thing is very nice and is engineered extremely well. The top rail is removable and the rack was easy to set up. I believe that I can remove and install it by myself with a little ingenuity for handling the size. It's not very heavy which helps with keeping the COG low as well as helping with the install. I believe somewhere in the literature it says this rack weighs 80#. Not bad at all.

I haven't used it for camping yet and have not taken it on the highway. With the sunroof closed I cannot hear any additional noise. Keep in mind that the additional rack noise level would have to get above the MT's and I'm not picky when it comes to interior noise levels. I opened the sunroof at about 40mph and there was a noticeable amount of wind noise with the rack on. Closed it and the silence returned.

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom