Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 300 to 350 miles

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Over 350 miles

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
About how many miles on average are on your trip odometer when fill up?

Also, how many gallons of gas do you take on? What does the mpg work out to?

Thanks,

uzj100

Last edited:
90% wife driven

22.5 gallon on fill-up
14.5 mpg combined

As good as 17 going slow on the highway.

270-280 mi on odo ( light on)
20-21 gal
13.5-14.2 mpg ( corrected )

I get about 15 on the highway and 13-14 in town with my 35's. If I drive "normal" around town (like it's a sports car) I get about 11. Need 4.88's!

15-17 on 33's. All highway, mixed, or all city for some reason it just doesn't fluctuate like my other vehicles.

Filled up last evening. 17.0 mpg on 330 miles of 75/25 highway/city driving. Took 19.45 gal of 93 octane.

i'm currently averaging 18.5mpg around town... but that's Imp gallons (4.5ltr) not US (4ltr) and 13mpg outback or on mountain fire trails

'04 UZJ100 - V8 Sahara
"Living in the land of Oz"

Last edited:
Just finished an 1100 mi trip. ~800 mi high speed interstate, 100 mi so cal traffic, and the rest off road. Heavily modified vehicle (Aux tank, bumpers, a winch … + 315’s tires) with a loaded roof rack (~ 18” tall). According to the GPS; Average speed 54 mi/h with a max speed of 94 mi/h

1105.8 mi traveled using 94.6 gal of fuel. 11.7 mi/gal.

Need a diesel engine.

Doron

Just took a trip up to Georgia on Thursday. Drove to Macon from Orlando to pick up a couple generators in preparation for Hurricane Francis. I didn't have to fill the tank until I passed about every 330 miles. I thought that was great considering I fill up every 270 to 295 miles with city driving. Anyway, turns out the trip was in vein (sp?), I didn't lose power this time. I lost power for 3 days after Charley came through. Also, I filled the tank with low grade near the house when I got back because gas was in short supply and that's all they had. I figured one tank wouldn't do too much damage. Pulling out of the station though, the engine was running a little rough. I assume the ECU was compensating for the lower octane by adjusting the timing??? Anyway it's running great now.

<250 miles

as a matter of fact, picked up the TLC in Bangor Maine and drove it home (Little Rock) with my wife--around 1800 miles. Never saw better than 250 miles a tank and usually put 22-24 gals to fill it up. The TLC is heavily modified (look at sig), but still needs tuning.

Unfortunately the trip odometer poll doesn't really mean anything, the only way to compare gas mileage is by calculating it, the gauges are not highly calibrated so every one will be slightly different, not to mention some people always fill up with 1/4 left while others drive 30 miles after the light has come on.

FWIW, I haven't been able to calculate ours yet, because in the month we've had it my wife has not yet written down the miles (as I asked her to do) when she fills it up :mad: Oh, well, I'll just pretend she's getting 20mpg 'til I know better. ;)

Usually fill up at ~300-325 miles.

Get around 16-17 mpg.

More than half highway.

"Holistic energy economy" driving style. No vehicle mods. 90k + miles.

skypig said:
as a matter of fact, picked up the TLC in Bangor Maine and drove it home (Little Rock) with my wife--around 1800 miles. Never saw better than 250 miles a tank and usually put 22-24 gals to fill it up. The TLC is heavily modified (look at sig), but still needs tuning.

I was wondering if the new owner of your rig would show up here. Someone posted a link to the eBay auction for your 100 a few months back. It looks like a great rig. That was a pretty good haul from Maine, eh? :)

Greg B said:
I was wondering if the new owner of your rig would show up here. Someone posted a link to the eBay auction for your 100 a few months back. It looks like a great rig. That was a pretty good haul from Maine, eh? :)

I think it is great! Course I want to think it is. Big time haul from Maine and pretty much did it without any dilly dally. Did stop off at Gettysburg for a Chevy Chase "Vacation" moment but that was it since I could not coordinate with OEX guys in CT to run me through their 1 day expedition course.

I want to get back to thinking it is a great rig, but I need to solve the starting issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom