Belly height on a 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.cascadecruisers.com
In the middle of SOA on my 60 and my goal is too sqeeze 39.5s under there... As it sits now with the shackle reversal and the stock springs the belly is about 30inches which seems WAAAAAYYYYYY to tall to me. I rather start cutting and getting creative to get this closer to the ground. With lots of off camber stuff here in the northwest what should I be shootin for belly height?

My rig sat at 23 3/4 to the frame rails and it was super stable. I just swapped to stocker fj62 springs and now I am at 26.5 which is a little too high for me as well. Ya gotta remember though the springs will settle and flatten out. You prob drop about 2 - 2.5 inches. the other option is to remove some leaves too get you a little lower. Also why the shackle reversal..?? those normally add lift and are not really needed on a 60 series...just wondering.

I would shoot for 24 to the frame rails.

the reverse shackle was from when this thing was SUA. I liked the way it worked so I decided to try it with them on. Tapage runs the same setup except he's usign 2.5 OME springs and still has a belly height of 25ish. Hmmm. Something isnt right.

I think tapage measured his under the tcase, which sets a good 3-4 inches under the frame in my truck. By his measurements lowtide would have a belly of like 20" and yours would be like 27". All this makes me curious to know what mine is SUA.....

Mr agent is right....He went to the t-case I went from the frame rails...

The 62 rears have an extra leaf, im not sure about the difference in the front.

Hey lowtideride, do the 62 springs have more lift than 60 springs? I am running stock 60 springs in the rear with short add a leafs and the flex isnt the best.

I'll go out and see what my framerail measurement is. . .

Dylan

Yulp bigger pack, more arch... My rear is about 1 inch higher than the front.

My frame height is 27" at the bottum of the frame. I do have my transmission and transfer case out and all the clutch components so they may have a slight effect. Where are you guys measuring, my number seems high compared to Lowtideride's and your sprung over on OME's right? How do the 62 springs flex with all the leafs?
Dylan

What ended up doing the trick?

Any other SOA 60 people have a number to contribute?

mine at home been outa town will look when I get there .... if I can find my tape ;) lookin to put 62 springs in mine as well there also, got thinner leaves and biger nilon pads so the should flex better .. had a set but the fell trough my hands :mad:

Where are you guys measuring too? I can't be 4 inches over Al's velveeta. . .
I think I am gonna swap to 62 springs as well. Do they have the same bushing size and everything? Now I am worrying!

Dylan

Bottom of the frame rail...I easly say over the past week driving with the new 62 springs the leveled out and dropped some. Im still not back to my 23 3/4 but I'm sure it will flatten out as time goes on.

21 1/2 but I dont have a stock cross member

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom