If you could only carry one knife what would it be? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got it!

Heres a picture of the new toy...got it in the mail this morning at work! I like it.

Stew
DSCN2577.JPG

My Randal Knife is by far my favorite. It was a gift from my brothers a few years back. Hand made with a stag handle. They also make tacticle knives.

I collect Spyderco knives, I love the spyder-hole for opening the knife over anything else. for me they have the best designs and very ergonomic oriented although they can be ugly at times. Form follows function.

I also really like the Benchmade, very nicely designed knives and one think that is different from Spyderco is they use a brass liner where the knife pivots which makes the opening and closing very smooth. Also Benchmade has the Axis-Lock which is awesome and has been dubbed the strongest lock out there.

My EDC (Every Day Carry) is one of 3 knifes:

The Spyderco DoDo:
spyderco-dodo.gif

The Spyderco Meerkat:
meerkat.jpg

The Benchmade Griptilian-mini 555 with Axis-Lock:
griptillian-555.jpg

my spyderco display:
spyderco-case.jpg

My collection:
knife-collection.jpg

Spyderco Poliwog: recently added
poliwog.jpg

Spyderco Mouse: recently added
mouse.jpg

my 15-inch Kukurhi for when you just have to chop your way though anything:
kukuri.jpg

Last edited:
Me too. I didn't wear it a lot during the summer and I missed having it a lot. Now that I'm back to work I wear it everyday. In fact, I have two now. I bought a new one so i could send the old, whipped one back to have some of the tools replaced. Leatherman just sent me a new one.

I prefer the Wave. The outside blades make all the difference.

Leatherman replaced my maybe 9 or 10 year old Wave also when I broke a screwdriver blade. Use it most workdays.

Also carry a Karesuando Rävan. Light and easy to shrarpen. I have grown to love a Scandinavian grind.

gerber multitool, I always thought I wanted the leatherman, but a buddy gave me his used gerber, under constant abuse (probably used 6-24 times a day)it took me 4 years to break it. immediately bought another, and I think it was 40 bucks or so.

Hmmm..

Just ONE knife ? ...

For me, it would be the Geber BMF

GerberBMF9inch.jpg

After all...
You NEVER know when you might need to split a log, build a shelter or take down some large game for a meal :cheers:

Nice LMF Cal !

Yep, the BMF has been out of production for some time. I found both of mine on Ebay ( I spent WAY too much for them BTW ! ) They seem to be getting harder to find in good shape though :frown:

As soon as I saw the BMF, I was in love.
Heh heh.. Its a monster!

Oh, and that soft grippy handle :grinpimp:

I did read however, that BRAKE FLUID will severely damage the DuPont handle, so be extra careful around engine bays and brake lines with your BMF/LMF :eek:

Its been my carry knife of choice, especially when hiking (aka wandering alone aimlessly) in Nevada and Utah deserts .......

I usually buy cheap knives to use for work, abuse the crap out of them and then throw them away.

I like Cold Steel for that purpose, as they are cheap as hell, but sturdy and heavy. I have a Pro Lite Tanto that I got at their sidewalk sale for $5.00. I like the Tanto blade because I can use the end like an Xacto knife.

t_2081.jpg

Cold Steel makes a tough product for very cheap, especially if you go by the factory in Ventura and pick up the blems and seconds.

If I had to carry one knife, I'd carry the Victorinox One Hand Trekker, or Parachutist. I've had a few of these and they are very functional, because they have the Swiss Army basics--locking serrated blade, can opener, bottle opener, flat-head and phillips screwdrivers, belt cutter, tweezers, and toothpick.

d3_1_sbl.JPG

I've been carrying a Benchmade 806 since about 1995. Lost it twice and it always came back and broke it twice and Benchmade always fixed it. Sharp and it has been in some bad spots!

I usually buy cheap knives to use for work, abuse the crap out of them and then throw them away.

I'm with you here.

Cold Steel makes some functional stuff. I've bought a bunch of machettes and stuff like that from them.

I like my CRKT knives too, because they are good and affordable.

Here is my daily carry knife. I have used all kinds, including Gerber, Buck, Leatherman, Swiss, and CRKT... this is my favorite so far.

This is a CRKT HAWK D.O.G.

It is a little thick for a daily carry, but it makes up for it in it's robustness. It truly feels like a fixed blade.

Here are the specs:

FEATURES:
• Action: Deadbolt Over Grabstep is the Ambidextrous Auto Release
• Blade Material: AUS 8 Stainless Steel
• Blade Style: Clip Point with Bead Blast Finish
• Handle Material: 6061-t6 Aluminum with Zytel Grips
• Locking Mechanism: Deadbolt Over Grabstep
• Pocket Clip: Custom Ambidextrous Stainless Steel
• Includes Lanyard Hole MEASUREMENTS:
• Blade Length: 3.5"
• Handle Length: 4.62"
• Overall Open Length: 8.12
• Weight: 4.9 oz.
cr4514.jpg

I got a Letherman (don't know which kind) from my FIL a couple of years ago.

I did not think much of it at first, but as of late I've been using it quite a bit.

Some of my friends who saw it in action the other day called me McVyver(sp) because it had so many different uses for. :D

I just bought a leatherman TI Charge in black the special millitary edition. I didn't like my Gerber multi tool because my wire cutters got bent up so bad it was hard to close the needle nose and the screwdrivers got bent up. My leatherman is supposed to be able to cut hardwires, and the bites are supposed to be hardend.

I have carried a large sebenza for years. Very durable. In a fixed blade my favorites were built by Rob Simonich.

I had a leatherman wave for 10 years, used it daily the serrated blade is now a strait blade. cut hundreds of wires never bent a blade of any kind. sadly it's back broke so i got a new one. i did not like the screw driver tip thought it might get lost and it did.:mad: I got pissed and chucked it :frown: now i have the leatherman surge, got it at cosco it came with a cool folding knife and a lot of extra tips. all be more careful this time. out of my 100 knifes the leatherman is my favorite by far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom