LC 250 & GX550 Picture Thread (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lineup of all the LC colors

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 10.36.01 PM.png

+more.

I personally ran a full set of 1/4” aluminum skid plates on my Tacoma to keep weight down a little bit (+ BAMF sliders and a high clearance steel rear bumper). Dragged them across many rocks and they performed and held up great. Personally I’m planning to run aftermarket aluminum skids as the Lexus ones are fairly thin. I think they would work for 99% of the world that would never try an obstacle or trail that has significant risk of high centering.

The first customer LC250 First Edition was parked in front of the Toyota side of the house. I is a customer truck so was not open. I did get a good look at the rock sliders. They appear sufficiently beefy with reasonable attachment points. I’m sure Toyota did plenty of math on the bolt clamp loads and Finite Element Analysis to be confident.. Very, very few GX or LC250 will become rock rigs so the Toyota sliders look up to the task of protecting the rockers. I do wish they had a rear kick out. Unfortunately I did not get pictures.

Additional edit comment. The aftermarket will make sliders that are both stronger (more lower attachment points across the frame, bigger hardware, stronger/thicker DoM material) and better (kick out, fill plates, 0 degrees so some utility as a step). Not saying these are as stout as the aftermarket. If you are a frequent brasher of rocks or frequently traverse gate keeper type obstacles the factory sliders are likely not for you.

View attachment 3607204

View attachment 3607205

View attachment 3607206
I don’t see this “wall” fairing well on double rut roads. What’s behind it? I hope the crossmember isn’t this low.

IMG_3284.jpeg

Had a fantastic day out on the trail with the LC250's here in Moab 😎

20240419_115007.jpg

250 started arriving to Middle East. This was taken in Oman ( keep in mind each GCC dealer has different specs, so we still don't know how the others will be - but Oman generally has good specifications for the region - so if this is the best they got, it seems like the GCC spec Prado is specced lower than the rest of the world.)
In order to dumb it down vs the 300 it seems to be lacking vs global offerings.
This first edition has base reflective type led head lights, mid grade/base smaller screen digital dash, different nav unit, no rear locker, no sway bar disconnect, I am sure its missing other things too. We don't get the hybrid too but we already knew that from before. We get better tires than the US version though and cooler floor mats...

I think it makes sense they would do this because its already overlapping with LC300 prices in some countries.

P3.jpeg

P4.jpeg

P2.jpeg

P1.jpeg

P5.jpeg

1000005619.jpg
Here's mine that will be here in about a month. Shame I couldn't get it without the 20" wheels. They'll be the first thing I replace... Dark tint and some 18s (maybe 17s based off that instagram post?) and some Falken AT3Ws in the biggest size that will fit stock.

Here's mine that will be here in about a month. Shame I couldn't get it without the 20" wheels. They'll be the first thing I replace... Dark tint and some 18s (maybe 17s based off that instagram post?) and some Falken AT3Ws in the biggest size that will fit stock.
Out of curiosity, what made you choose a LC @ $70K vs the GX550?

From my perspective, with the LC you're essentially getting an OT+ for $10K less.

Out of curiosity, what made you choose a LC @ $70K vs the GX550?

From my perspective, with the LC you're essentially getting an OT+ for $10K less.
A couple of things. The hybrid since I have a long commute. I like the 2400W inverter that comes with it as well because I like to do tech stuff in the field where a 3.5 amp inverter doesnt always cut it. The LC looks like it'll take less front chopping for a bumper. I also like that you can get every option possible for 2-4k less than most base OT. Significantly cheaper than an OT+. To get comparable features (heated and vented seat, memory seats, HUD, etc) I would have to spend 80k or more.

This is already more than I've ever spent for a car so I didn't want to just add 10k more, even though I prefer the styling of the Lexus. it's very easy to fall into the "Just a little bit more and I can get X" and before you know it you're at a top end LX600.

Finally, and most importantly, Toyota called me before my lexus dealer did :)

Last edited:
250 started arriving to Middle East. This was taken in Oman ( keep in mind each GCC dealer has different specs, so we still don't know how the others will be - but Oman generally has good specifications for the region - so if this is the best they got, it seems like the GCC spec Prado is specced lower than the rest of the world.)
This first edition has base reflective type led head lights, mid grade/base smaller screen digital dash, different nav unit, no rear locker, no sway bar disconnect, I am sure its missing other things too. We don't get the hybrid too but we already knew that from before. We get better tires than the US version though and cooler floor mats...

I think it makes sense they would do this because its already overlapping with LC300 prices in some countries.

View attachment 3612843

View attachment 3612842

View attachment 3612844

View attachment 3612845

View attachment 3612841
I want those door sills.

View attachment 3612843

View attachment 3612842

View attachment 3612844

View attachment 3612845

View attachment 3612841
oh boy....really disappointing if that's all what we're getting in the GCC.

My local Lexus dealer received their first 4 GX550s. I’ve already passed on two builds as they had too many port and dealer installed options but I was able to crawl all over one of the pre-sold units. I also included a shot for size relative to my 2014 Sequoia for scale.

IMG_4437.jpeg

IMG_4436.jpeg

IMG_4430.jpeg

IMG_4438.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom