Classic Land Cruisers Podcast (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All you guys are awesome. All the info and stories are great.

Not sure if I'll ever get my old 1976 FJ40 I bought in 1978 running again. It's been thru hell basically. Back in 1978 I never thought about it as a Classic. It was just a cool ass offroad vehicle that went everywhere and never broke down and was easy to tinker with. So give it hell I did.

Then life got in the way and I parked it for many years.

You guys have me wanting to get it running again. I hope.............

Thanks for the inspiration.

Dave, 75% of my life goes like that. The only thing I can add is that life does have a way of taking away so many previous options and then age helps you decide which ones were really useless and which truly had merit.

Here’s the rub… age has limits..in my 70’s now I reach mine very quickly. My next torque wrench needs a max limit of 10 lbs …😂 Don’t let it fully rob you of the stuff you’re really about. If you do t have all the functions you want as you get older, the only savior is a good sense of humor…..you have seen those tattoos….REGERTS

Good luck to you

Dave, 75% of my life goes like that. The only thing I can add is that life does have a way of taking away so many previous options and then age helps you decide which ones were really useless and which truly had merit.

Here’s the rub… age has limits..in my 70’s now I reach mine very quickly. My next torque wrench needs a max limit of 10 lbs …😂 Don’t let it fully rob you of the stuff you’re really about. If you do t have all the functions you want as you get older, the only savior is a good sense of humor…..you have seen those tattoos….REGERTS

Good luck to you

I don't have tattoos but I do have those regerts. lol

I'll be 71 in June. Still kicking and dreaming of all the stuff I can screw up.

I don't have tattoos but I do have those regerts. lol

I'll be 71 in June. Still kicking and dreaming of all the stuff I can screw up.
I guess there is hope for me still. At 44(ish) just think of all of the ID10T codes I have waiting for me. 😜

@DaveNotHere I am beginning to think that I need to hear some of your stories, and when I say that I mean that we need to hear some of those stories on the podcast for season 2.

@DaveNotHere I am beginning to think that I need to hear some of your stories, and when I say that I mean that we need to hear some of those stories on the podcast for season 2.
I guess I could do that. Not sure how that high fla-lootin tech stuff works though.

All my stories are stupid situations a hairbrained airhead like me gets into without thinking things thru.

They all lead up to the South American ultimate hair brained wtf was I thinking adventure. :doh:

I guess I could do that. Not sure how that high fla-lootin tech stuff works though.

All my stories are stupid situations a hairbrained airhead like me gets into without thinking things thru.

They all lead up to the South American ultimate hair brained wtf was I thinking adventure. :doh:
sounds perfect

@DaveNotHere I'll be 71 in June. Still kicking and dreaming of all the stuff I can screw up.

Funny thing was, it took me this long to realize there are many of us on IH8MUD at this age still playing around with this stuff. I’m 71…brain says it’s 31. Body says it’s 79 some days, not all of the body though 😉. When chatting here, I never considered some guys were my age since you really don’t see whom you’re typing to. I was 21 when my Land Cruiser impacted my life and future…so for me, it was a young guys thing. Especially off-roading, jumping in and out of the truck to look at terrain, raising the hood, crawling under it, lifting, pulling, …..etc.etc.etc.

Funny thing was, it took me this long to realize there are many of us on IH8MUD at this age still playing around with this stuff. I’m 71…brain says it’s 31. Body says it’s 79 some days, not all of the body though 😉. When chatting here, I never considered some guys were my age since you really don’t see whom you’re typing to. I was 21 when my Land Cruiser impacted my life and future…so for me, it was a young guys thing. Especially off-roading, jumping in and out of the truck to look at terrain, raising the hood, crawling under it, lifting, pulling, …..etc.etc.etc.

Awesome. keeps us young!!!!!

I still remember a few things back when I was around 20 or 21. Like this....

I lived in an apartment that had tennis courts. So I thought that looked fun and I started playing a lot and practicing One day this old guy came out to play.

Sure, Why not. So he promptly started kicking my ass. WTH...how can this old guy do this at his age. No way..

He told me later he was 33 years old. LOLOLOL.....I actually thought 33 was old back then. What a dumbass I was.

Now, I'm thinking 71 is pretty dang young!!!:D

Ima just gonna leave this here:

1713463302248.jpeg

@mtn biker / @70fj40

Too kind fellas, too kind. Another stellar episode with a great guest. At one point I was riding along shotgun in the Ozark mountains..😉

Latest items for the giveaway came in a Lazer etched RTIC water bottle and more stickers
17134968890522645975003992330579.jpg

Here it is so far. Not limited to the u.s.
1713500191240334114700824692750.jpg

I’d like to enter if I could still?!
ABSOLUTELY!! How to enter is share your favorite trail snack/ trail meal and this is going to be open until season2 of the podcast begins. It is only here on mud and on Instagram. Pictures of your choice preferable but not necessary. Then on episode 1 of "season" 2 i will put all of the entries into a randomizer " winning wheel" app on my phone and the winner will be named. Then I will get in touch and send the goodies out.

This is what you could win
IMG_20240419_151150319.jpg

The beginning of the rapid fire. On this episode Bernhard Koepp joins me to talk about his Fj40 hard top and Fj43 soft top that he had restored and imported from Columbia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom