Toyota GD series diesel engines INFO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interesting, thanks. How is your Hilux for fuel economy? Do you have ad-blue?

Here we have only the 2.8 1GD without ad-blue. Fuel consumption isn't great.
The average fuel consumption of my Hilux 2.4 2GD after 10.000 km is 7.7 Lt/100km (I like to drive very smooth on the road)

My Ad-Blue consumption is 8 Lt after 10.000 km

A friend has the 2.8 engine and his consumption is between 9-10 Lt/100 km but he drive faster than me.

Luckily you don't have AdBlue, we would like in Europe not to have that s...t. :doh:

Is AdBlue in addition to DPF or do these trucks have one or the other?

Can someone look at the VIN code to verify whether a Hilux has one, both or (hopefully) neither of them?

Also, is there a way to verify by looking at the turbo side of the engine whether it has DPF or not?

Thank you for any info you can help with.

Can someone look at the VIN code to verify whether a Hilux has one, both or (hopefully) neither of them?

Also, is there a way to verify by looking at the turbo side of the engine whether it has DPF or not?

You'll have to check different markets. Here in NZ we have DPF but not ad-blue. I presume Australia is the same.

It will be difficult to find a market that doesn't have DPF these days. Maybe Africa.

Most of the Hilux N80 in the European Market have both.

My Hilux has both, DPF and Ad-Blue.

In 2022 I was traveling in Namibia, and I did rent a New Land Cruiser 79 Series double-cab and my surprise was the vehicle had the veteran 1HD-T engine :grinpimp:

1HDT ? Sure it wasnt a 1HZ NA ?
Yes, I was in Hentiesbaai, and I wanted to check everything was right before start to driving alone through the Skeleton Coast, and when I opened the hood, I was surprised to see that engine 1HD-T in there. o_O
Other example could be the new VW Polo with engines that could not be marketed here in Europe, that is, engines from previous versions but installed in a new version. They haven´t all these stupid emisions regulations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom