Yet another fan shroud question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

Has anyone adapted an FJ60 Fan Shroud to fit in an FJ55? I have a 2F motor in a '73 Pig and have acquired the longer 2F water pump, pulley and fan, so I'm ready to start installing them and get rid of the current electric fan setup. I've done some searching here and haven't found what I'm looking for. If I missed it and someone knows where it is here please let me know. I spend time working in Houston, is there anyone there that could fabricate me one that anyone is aware of? TIA for any advice.

Dave

Hello All,

Has anyone adapted an FJ60 Fan Shroud to fit in an FJ55? I have a 2F motor in a '73 Pig and have acquired the longer 2F water pump, pulley and fan, so I'm ready to start installing them and get rid of the current electric fan setup. I've done some searching here and haven't found what I'm looking for. If I missed it and someone knows where it is here please let me know. I spend time working in Houston, is there anyone there that could fabricate me one that anyone is aware of? TIA for any advice.

Dave
I'm in a similar boat. I've "heard" that a 60 shroud will sorta fit with some mods...I'd like to give it a try if I could find one close for cheap. I'm running the plastic fan, direct drive, no shroud at all. Temps are fine around town and such, only overheated once; on the Rubithon, late afternoon, very warm ambient temp, moving uphill for hours at half a mile per hour it got up to the 220s. I'm thinking about adding an electrical pusher fan.

FJ60 radiators are much larger than FJ55’s.
True, but my Wilbur has an aftermarket larger aluminum radiator and a 2F motor vs the original. I could swear that someone here told me to get an FJ60 shroud and modify it, I just can't find the response in my posts. I do have the original FJ55 radiator, but it would need to be re-cored to utilize it.

I'm in a similar boat. I've "heard" that a 60 shroud will sorta fit with some mods...I'd like to give it a try if I could find one close for cheap. I'm running the plastic fan, direct drive, no shroud at all. Temps are fine around town and such, only overheated once; on the Rubithon, late afternoon, very warm ambient temp, moving uphill for hours at half a mile per hour it got up to the 220s. I'm thinking about adding an electrical pusher fan.
I will be running the plastic fan with no clutch as well. Our South TX summers get hot, I would like to move as much air as efficiently as possible. I've found a few FJ60 shrouds for $100-150, the shipping is likely another 50.

I would post a want ad and get yourself a cheap used 60 shroud and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom