Fan Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where in Mass?? There are 2 types of electric fans! Push and Pull! One mounts behind radiator 1 mounts in front! Check and see what you have. Get rid of that aluminum plate around fan to get more airflow! Flush the entire cooling system ( drain on drivers side of block.) Change t- stat and see how that goes! If it dont work back to mechanical! I had a 78 FJ40 with cooling issues I couldnt resolve, so I just removed t-stat in Summer to keep it from over heating 🧐🤔😳😯😉
About 90 minutes West of Boston out in the country. Beautiful country and 68 degrees for a high. A welcome change from 100 degrees here.

Where in Mass?? There are 2 types of electric fans! Push and Pull! One mounts behind radiator 1 mounts in front! Check and see what you have. Get rid of that aluminum plate around fan to get more airflow! Flush the entire cooling system ( drain on drivers side of block.) Change t- stat and see how that goes! If it dont work back to mechanical! I had a 78 FJ40 with cooling issues I couldnt resolve, so I just removed t-stat in Summer to keep it from over heating 🧐🤔😳😯😉
It’s a pull fan that is attached to the aluminum plate. The radiator is a brand new aluminum and the coolant is new as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom