200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was looking at the ET style with the sleeve that extends into the bore, I'm just not sure how far out the studs will stick out and how deep the nut needs to be. But, yes, I think the method lug nuts are just tall/deep.

I ran longer nuts, which look exactly like what Method shows, on my F150 wheels but they were +12mm and the nuts still sat flush or just inside the wheel face. The +35mm MR705's have almost no depth to the lug nut pockets and I dont want it too look like some mad max/deathrace 3000 car :rofl:

@tbisaacs
Yours definitely look better than the few pictures of Tundras I saw. Your wheel appears to pretty much have the same face as the one in question. I wonder if you have the extended or regular lugs (I'm guessing regular).

65a6124a-b850-41a6-9f9e-d2adb2995c9a-jpg.676894

@skrypj
If you take the vehicle filter off at Method's website, it will show you more lug options, including a M14x1.5 (not extended for a 6 lug vehicle). If nothing else, I'd order the 6 lug version whether going extended or not, since there is no price difference on Method's website. Might as well have 4 extra lugs for the parts bin.

Hi All,

Thank you for putting this together. Where is the link to the spreadsheet? I have looked thoroughly so I must need some new readers.

Thanks,
Grins

Got my +35 MR705’s and bought these “stubby” ET nuts off Amazon and they sit pretty good. Hopefully they are deep enough for the studs.

IMG_3928.jpeg

IMG_3930.jpeg

IMG_3929.jpeg

IMG_3935.jpeg
The studs done even stick out past the face of the wheel so there is plenty of depth to the nuts I bought
IMG_3932.jpeg

What’s the load rating on them. The rear axle on the LC has a weight rating of 4300 lbs so you would want at least 2150 lbs per tire.

Also, if they are p metric tires you have to subtract 10% off the load rating when used on a truck.

What’s the load rating on them. The rear axle on the LC has a weight rating of 4300 lbs so you would want at least 2150 lbs per tire.

Also, if they are p metric tires you have to subtract 10% off the load rating when used on a truck.
Why subtract 10% on p metric on a truck?

Do the falken wildpeak A/T4W in a 285/65 SL r18 meet the load ratings for a stock LC200?

View attachment 3584216

Before this thread gets any more confusing - or off the rails with misleading (i.e. false) information...

Assuming you mean this tire:

Picture1.jpg

The short answer to your question is, yes, these tires have plenty of load carrying capacity for use on your stock LC200.

The rationale for that short answer is as follows:

The stock tires on an LC200 have a Load Limit of 2,512 lbs @33psi RCTIP (Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure)

For the Falken ISO-Metric 285/65R18 SL 116T tires to achieve the same Load Limit as the stock tires, they must be inflated to an RCTIP of 33psi. This will actually result in a Load Limit of 2,579 lbs which is slightly higher than stock, but 33psi is the nearest whole psi value above the required 2,512 lbs.

So...

The detailed answer to your question is, the Falken tires should be inflated to the same 33psi as your stock tires to achieve the same load carrying capacity as your stock tires.

HTH

Do you think as long as the load rating meets or exceeds the stock Dunlop I should be fine?
Yes. Gaijin already answered that question in detail above. LC200’s come with SL rated tires all over the world. Heavier load LT rated tires are not required up to the full load carrying and towing capacity of the vehicle. Those who select LT rated tires usually do so for the thicker sidewall and toughness off road, and not because of the need for increased load capacity.

Yes. Gaijin already answered that question in detail above. LC200’s come with SL rated tires all over the world. Heavier load LT rated tires are not required up to the full load carrying and towing capacity of the vehicle. Those who select LT rated tires usually do so for the thicker sidewall and toughness off road, and not because of the need for increased load capacity.
Thank you, and thanks @gajin

You only need to do the 10% conversion when switching between P-metric/iso-metric tires and LT tires. The 10% has already been accounted for when the OEM specs a non LT tire.
Right, as long as whatever P-metric you are switching to has a load rating equal to or higher than the stock p-metric tire. But what if the P-metric had a 2250 lb rating. Then when you subtract the 10% its under 1/2 of the 200 series axle rating.

I didn't know what the specific AT4W's were rated for, so I just generally made the statement.

Here is our 200 running Nomad Sahara's 17" with 0 offset and LT285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak MT01. Will probably swap the Falkens out for some Kenda Klever's 35x10.5r17 soon.
View attachment 3458129View attachment 3458133

Awesome! I have been considering the Nomads as well (Convoys), but i was a little concerned with the 0 offset.

Any issues? Everything tuck nicely while articulating?

Awesome! I have been considering the Nomads as well (Convoys), but i was a little concerned with the 0 offset.

Any issues? Everything tuck nicely while articulating?
No issues with the 285/70 r17s. I now am running the 35x10.5 r17 Kenda Klever RT. They are narrower and taller, so I had to trim some plastic out of the side skirts on the inside.
1710976165825.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom