1976 FJ40 OEM New Fuel Tank 77100-60042 Part Number Available From Toyota. Has Anyone Purchased? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No love from uncle T on the under cab tanks for 79+ anymore? Can’t find the OEM version for sale anywhere. I do think that OEM drain plug is pretty neat, would hate to give it up going aftermarket.

My local dealer can get 77100-60042 which appears to fit FJ40 1/75-1/79. Has anyone purchased one? Here is link on TPD.

MB4969F.png
But TPD shows it fitting ’73-‘74 models? Does it also fit others through ‘79?

No love from uncle T on the under cab tanks for 79+ anymore? Can’t find the OEM version for sale anywhere. I do think that OEM drain plug is pretty neat, would hate to give it up going aftermarket.
What does the OEM drain plug look like???

I had the exact same experience with the CCOT tank I just put in my 40 this past weekend. It was tight, but I was able to get it on with only some minor swear words being used. I'll keep it as it until I'm ready to pull everything apart to blast and paint the tub, then I'll likely take a grinder and massage the flanges in a bit at the rear to get some more room for the cover.

The bigger fitment issue I ran into was where the rear of the cover attaches to the floor behind the seat. That flange was way bigger than the stock tank, and the holes didn't even come close the matching. Hindsight being 20/20, I would 100% buy the OEM tank instead. Lesson learned....
The tank was made well, but the aft end (edge to edge) was 3/8" wider than my stock tank. The front edge was pretty close to stock. I believe they buy them in batches, previous batches may have been different, who knows.
I thought about trimming the flange, but 1)that voids the warranty, and 2) not sure I could trim 3/8" off. The excess on each side was only about 1/8", maybe a bit more. Didn't want to modify the stock cover, didn't want to ditch the cover.
I see OEM tanks available through Toyo dealerships from time to time, just need to chase one down...

Aside from the extra evap lines on these tanks, is there any reason it wouldn't fit into an early (65) cab? Struggling to find an OEM tank for anything older than a 68. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom