What did you do to your pig today? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

new rear bumper
IMG_3154.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice bumper .... I want the hitch receiver < who sell just the receiver ?
nearly any welding supply or trailer supply place.

mounting is up to you though.

Today. Today I stopped by the stealership for parts I had ordered and on the way home I thought why not go for a quick little 4 wheeling detour? So I pointed it towards the mountain and drove through some massive puddles to get to my favorite Helipad, where i try and get to if I've got an afternoon to burn. Its in campbellville CA. The ol sow, wallered right through the puddles on the way up, but on the way down I swamped out my ignition about 4 times, once she died on me right in the middle of a foot+ deep puddle and I used my starter to pull me to dry land...

What did you do to your pig today?
I tore the ignition completely down to drain the water from it, about 4 times...

As always we got home, but now I've got a new thing to figure out...
Here is a photo, back home wearing her mud with pride!
20240215_165607.jpg

Wd40 works in a pinch to dry things out 😉
Oh I'm well aware.
Someone should build a store in campbellville that sells that stuff.
That or I should just keep a can in the rig...
I actually just shook the water out of everything, swabbed out the distributor with a red rag, and each time it eventually started back up.
when I got home I changed points and condenser, only to find that my blast resistor was intermittently going open. I pulled a blast off of my parts coil and found out that the condenser I got, was shorted. I literally picked it up yesterday at the dealership. Lame sauce guys. Luckily my dad was an enormous hoarder as well and he has a coffee can full of new in the bag ignition parts for this and that. I put on a Condenser that fits a Ford tractor and now I'm getting beautiful hot blue sparks.
Upon re-timing, I couldn't get enough advance with the vacuum retard unplugged so today I may restab the distributor over one tooth. The joys of maintaining a stock truck...

Technically it was last night and not today. Installed a new city racer alternator in Marge. I’d heard the OEM one (maybe original?) grinding a bit recently. Shoulda just pulled the trigger but instead waited and it ended up going out on a night it was raining cats and dogs and was dark as all get out. Limped home with only the parking lights working. That was challenging.

Pretty straightforward install but did post up in the 40/55 section with a couple questions as my knowledge of electric is limited. Marge’s production date is 11/77 and the city racer carb was an easy drop in.

Now I’m gonna see if parts are available to rebuild the OEM alternator. Never had one apart before.

IMG_9907.jpeg

IMG_9905.jpeg
IMG_9911.jpeg

I bought a well sorted one! Will be headed NE to me next weekend, can't wait to enjoy this pig.

img_3222-jpeg.3566154

Oh I'm well aware.
Someone should build a store in campbellville that sells that stuff.
That or I should just keep a can in the rig...
I actually just shook the water out of everything, swabbed out the distributor with a red rag, and each time it eventually started back up.
when I got home I changed points and condenser, only to find that my blast resistor was intermittently going open. I pulled a blast off of my parts coil and found out that the condenser I got, was shorted. I literally picked it up yesterday at the dealership. Lame sauce guys. Luckily my dad was an enormous hoarder as well and he has a coffee can full of new in the bag ignition parts for this and that. I put on a Condenser that fits a Ford tractor and now I'm getting beautiful hot blue sparks.
Upon re-timing, I couldn't get enough advance with the vacuum retard unplugged so today I may restab the distributor over one tooth. The joys of maintaining a stock truck...
I hope you got her re-stabbed, and timing set right. I think you did, based on the other thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom