Oil change schedule (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is everyone’s plan for oil changes on their 600? I know Toyota rec is every 10K but is anyone doing 5k changes? I plan to keep mine for 300k+ so I’ll do whatever is necessary. Just not really sure if 10k is good in the long run.

I was in Baltimore when my 5k service came due and planned to get an oil chnge so took it to Sheehy Lexus and asked about an oil change too. They said it would be $238...

In Memphis, the dealership charges around $100 so I passed. Was shocked at how much they were charging.

Did oil change at 500. Oil came out dark. I drove it easy under 4k rpm for break in. When bought it had 25 miles, idle time unkown but car produced 8/23. Easy job. Most difficult part is to get front skid removed. Rear of front skid goes on top of 2nd skid and front of front skid has 2 hooks that attach to the frame and it needs to slide towards driver side before it drops down. Filter came off easy with the cap tool and short wrench. There is an oil catch basket under filter and i have used some tubing to make it clean (cpap tube). I will install fumoto valve next time as it seemed oil gushed from the pan extra quick creating splash when hitting the drain container.
As a bonus found stargard gps tracker tucked under battery frame sucking power directly from battery ...

20240128_135249.jpg

20240128_135204.jpg

20240128_135303.jpg

20240128_135332.jpg

20240128_140104.jpg

Do the skid fit together the way the 200s did? As in you kind of had to bend them a bit to get the plate off to access the filter housing?

Do the skid fit together the way the 200s did? As in you kind of had to bend them a bit to get the plate off to access the filter housing?
When doing it first time you might have to remove more bolts and skids then you need just to learn how everything fits and not break things unnecessarily. I removed everything when undercoated with waxoyl just after purchase. For oil change front skid interferes a little bit with two covers on sides of it. I removed just one bolt from side covers (it has to be removed) and needed slight flex to gain about 1/4 inch for clearence to slide and drop front of the front skid when changing oil. Only after that rear of front can be pulled out. If you remove more bolts from side front covers no bending will be necessary. I definitely recommend removing everything at maximum first because lexus uses convinience hooks to hold skids to the frame without bolts. It is very convenient to free up 2 hands without need to hold skid but you need to know how they work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom