Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Angela was okay with this... LOL. I use to work in sales and know her personally. Great looking rig.
Yea as long as we have a ticket we’re good.

Our guy @Cruiserhiggs and his team put in a lot of time and effort getting the new rear bumper installed. Front bumper was installed a few months back. Great work as always and I love the Dissent bumpers on the 200.

1BFC9F7C-C4B3-4350-B09D-B447ECE226B8.jpeg
1E09953D-4FCA-4F6C-97B3-48B6A80B3108.jpeg
AE15FB13-5F60-4901-A043-469BAD50EA6D.jpeg
EAED243C-122C-4DA7-81A7-8B51CB6E5BA8.jpeg
A266D7B8-0EB2-49CF-A5BD-41192FC8E87C.jpeg
E5ACDC6E-6E24-4AD8-A25B-7E06EB5D140E.jpeg

Front bumper pic. And my stainless lines came in ordered knuckle nuts and plates too. Apparently in good timing as the damaged star washer on the driver side must have let the bearing get a lil loose.

D0BA12F0-5D66-47A1-A324-A0ABC90E459A.jpeg

6DD917BF-9759-4C57-9ECA-FA22D199917C.jpeg

Well... after needing to make the change for years I finally committed and just purchased:
- 4.56 Gears
- Front & Rear ARB Air Lockers
- ARB 12V Twin Compressor & Locker Manifold
- 3.1:1 Sumo Low Range Transfer Case Gears
- Transfer Case Rebuild Kit (Might as well rebuild it while it's open right?)

What I need:
- Are there any pre-made ARB Twin Compressor mounts that go where the ABS System sits (plan on removing ABS this week)?
- If not, any leads on shops that could custom make one for me?
- Any tips on the low range gears / transfer case rebuild? I've been reading the forum posts and have watched the OTRAMM videos and believe it's something I can manage but will always appreciate tips & tricks
- Is there a "Go To" shop for the regear, locker, and wiring everything up to the OEM Locker Switch? Last I heard Zuk wasn't offering his services anymore. Otherwise I was planning on having Scott at Avid Cruisers / Higgy's Garage have the project.

Well... after needing to make the change for years I finally committed and just purchased:
- 4.56 Gears
- Front & Rear ARB Air Lockers
- ARB 12V Twin Compressor & Locker Manifold
- 3.1:1 Sumo Low Range Transfer Case Gears
- Transfer Case Rebuild Kit (Might as well rebuild it while it's open right?)

What I need:
- Are there any pre-made ARB Twin Compressor mounts that go where the ABS System sits (plan on removing ABS this week)?
- If not, any leads on shops that could custom make one for me?
- Any tips on the low range gears / transfer case rebuild? I've been reading the forum posts and have watched the OTRAMM videos and believe it's something I can manage but will always appreciate tips & tricks
- Is there a "Go To" shop for the regear, locker, and wiring everything up to the OEM Locker Switch? Last I heard Zuk wasn't offering his services anymore. Otherwise I was planning on having Scott at Avid Cruisers / Higgy's Garage have the project.

I think Zuk moved to Prescott and is still again doing installs, but only for locals/drop-offs. Gear Install Toyota - http://gearinstalls.com/update.htm

I think Zuk moved to Prescott and is still again doing installs, but only for locals/drop-offs. Gear Install Toyota - http://gearinstalls.com/update.htm

Thanks for the update! I'll consider that. I might be leaning more towards a "one stop shop" that can just tackle the whole project and save me having to drive two hours each way and still having to install the rest of set up. But I like options so the more the merrier.

Thanks for the update! I'll consider that. I might be leaning more towards a "one stop shop" that can just tackle the whole project and save me having to drive two hours each way and still having to install the rest of set up. But I like options so the more the merrier.

You can't go wrong with Scott. He does solid work.

I love the engineers at Toyota for making the new tech easy to swap out for the proven old school.
Swapped out the transfer case today, everything fit and bolted up because that was the way it was designed.
DSC_0457.JPG

Next is the manual hub swap.

Next step is ordering the parts to convert the front diff to manual locking hubs. Not cheep, but once done, I will have a worry
free (air conditioned) wheeler till the kids take the keys away. :clap:
Probably not this vender, but what is needed.

Next step is ordering the parts to convert the front diff to manual locking hubs. Not cheep, but once done, I will have a worry
free (air conditioned) wheeler till the kids take the keys away. :clap:
Probably not this vender, but what is needed.
Great job 👏

Did you find the right wiring print to install a manual switch for the ADD or are you going to just leave it engaged until you put manual hubs on it?

Great job 👏

Did you find the right wiring print to install a manual switch for the ADD or are you going to just leave it engaged until you put manual hubs on it?

I have not been able to locate the wiring diagram for the ADD. Right now it is unlocked. Somewhere in my notes I have two pins on that puppy that you can reverse polarity to lock/unlock it. I will lock it up after the manual hubs are installed.

Put new tires on the 80 and wife’s 100. Kenda kr601’s in 35x12.50 and 33.10.50. They ride and drive much better than the previous tires (cooper stt’s
and Mickey thompson baja boss at's). The mickey thompsons are awesome tires, but since that truck isn't wheeled, we dowsized from 34x11.5's to the 33x10.5's and went from 35x12.50r18 on bro wheels to the 34's on stockers for the cummins. Much better. If anyone is looking for new crossover tires, walmart online has some good deals on these kr601's. I have them on 3 trucks now, very impressed.

IMG_7932.jpeg

IMG_7928.jpeg

IMG_7936.jpeg

First box of goodies showed up yesterday, second is due today. Parts are way fun, installation is another story, but look forward to banging this one out.
KIMG0193.JPG
KIMG0195.JPG

And gone will be the plastic hubcap...
KIMG0194.JPG

Last edited:
And we have axles! Shout out to Yotamasters for providing the complete parts package to make this happen.
I highly recommend for a Taco 4runner source.
KIMG0196.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom