Do you boys like racing stripes? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I really like the Toyota livery, trying to figure out something good-looking for the LX. There's another post on here where there's some really nice 80 series, but I don't think that look works on the LX because the wheel fenders are different and look dumb with cutouts.

Just messing around in photoshop. Colors aren't exact because I can't find a decent overlay filter that shows the body contours and keeps the right hues. It all starts looking the same after a while...

1.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Mainly I like that the orange stripe extends back from the orange reflector on the corner light, and the red going down to the rocker panels. Not sure about the yellow (although partly it looks too bright because of the poor photoshop).

EDIT: oh yeah and I don't know anything about wraps but I assume the vinyl can be stretched so that it covers the fender bulges in a straight line?

Last edited:
Gotta be honest, I think it looks terrible, same for the new 4Runner with the Toyota stripes. To each his own though, just not my thing.
I'm so enamored by the tricolor scheme that I can't even tell anymore. Do you think the 80 series look bad too?

I don't like on newer vehicles, and looks awkward. The striping/graphics on the early 4runners/landcruisers (thinking fj60s) closely matched the lines of the vehicle's design and looked natural on them, placed in recessed areas following fender flares, curves and other areas. I don't even like the Middle East versions, they look too much like the graphics on many RV's and camping trailers (which I find often cheapens the vehicle).

I think your starting point has to be closer to the real thing for it to look OK. It's also why (IMO) the 80 posted above doesn't look as awful.

img-1312-1541032148.jpg

Just no...

your first CGI attempt was terrible, the second more subtle version was much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom