TEQ Custom Retrofit Headlights - Anyone Tried (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

looking to get some aftermarket headlights on my '01. The OEM ones aren't doing it for me anymore and have been really overhauling my truck recently (will include pictures when it's all said + done) so I thought I might as well get some new headlights.

Has anyone had any experience with TEQ Customs? This is the kit I'm thinking of getting.

Also, any recommendations on how to waterproof/seal them during installation?

Thanks.

i think you can opt to ignore the halo and evil eyes.

I'm curious to know what brand those lights and projectors are... Depo lights are at least $300 from what I've seen, cheapest HID kit with projectors from DDM tuning is $70, so that's $200 for 2 sets + all the wiring etc. That means they're charging $100 for labor which is crazy cheap for an HID retrofit as I've done a couple. Great price if they're using even half decent materials.

I'm curious to know what brand those lights and projectors are... Depo lights are at least $300 from what I've seen, cheapest HID kit with projectors from DDM tuning is $70, so that's $200 for 2 sets + all the wiring etc. That means they're charging $100 for labor which is crazy cheap for an HID retrofit as I've done a couple. Great price if they're using even half decent materials.
The link shows these things in the $1k plus ballpark with HID. I think they’re doing alright.

The link shows these things in the $1k plus ballpark with HID. I think they’re doing alright.
I'm dumb, had my scripts blocked in Firefox and the options didn't show up. Makes a lot more sense now.

Hi all,

looking to get some aftermarket headlights on my '01. The OEM ones aren't doing it for me anymore and have been really overhauling my truck recently (will include pictures when it's all said + done) so I thought I might as well get some new headlights.

Has anyone had any experience with TEQ Customs? This is the kit I'm thinking of getting.

Also, any recommendations on how to waterproof/seal them during installation?

Thanks.
Morimoto projectors are robust and will produce amazing output.. the question is what brand of housing are they retrofitting. They remind me of those cheap Chinese housing. If that's the case the lens has zero uv protection and have been known to go bad pretty quick. Adding a film might give you a few more years but this would not be my first choice. You'd be better off spending the money to have new OEM or Depo housings retrofitted.
During the retrofit process the lens is installed using new sealant so you shouldn't have to waterproof or use any sealant

Are there any DIYs on here for doing the 1-piece headlights? I can't seem to find any info online about what projectors fit, etc. I spoke with a few companies today who make them but I have some spare HID parts that I wanted to use, so no sure if any info is available at all... For example, what size and type of projectors fit into the low beam bowl, high beam bowl, etc?

There are posts in both threads about retrofitting 1-piece Depo housings.

Howdy All...

I just install my set of new TEQ Customs headlights. They use a one piece Depo headlights (they are plastic). They offer a bunch of customizations for each set of headlights (shroud color, halo's and design, type of lights, etc). I opted for a set of chrome shroud headlights with halo's and multi high beam projectors.

The install is incredibly straight forward and the new lights are literally plug and play with the existing harness. The only wiring necessary are for the halo's (which are optional).

I'm getting my new lights PPF'd later this week to give them a bit more protection from the elements, but apparently they come with a manufacturer's UV protection thats expected to last around 4-5 years.

The output is night and day from the stock headlights and the support has been fantastic. I've emailed the owner at TEQ Customs about 6 times over the past few weeks and hes gotten back to me every time within a few hours. They are quite literally there to make sure everything goes smooth and you are happy with your purchase.

Only downside to the purchase is the LONG lead times. They are a small outfit and get a lot of interest from folks. Their lead times are currently looking like 12 weeks, but mine was more like 18 weeks. I wasn't in a rush and it was just a fun/functional upgrade for me so the wait didn't bother me at all.

Feel free to ask any questions or explore the options on their website. If you decide to order a set and you have DRL on your rig you will most likely need to disable them by pulling a set of wires or disabling in techstream (cleaner and easier).

I've been hanging out in Austin TX. for the past few days, so no real good spot to test light output and get a good perspective. I'd suggest checking out their pictures on the TEQ Customs website. They provide photo comparissons between the LED and Morimoto HID light options. You can get there with this link:

I can add a bit of info as I just installed mine a few weeks ago.

Output- forget about it, so bright and sharp. I went with the dual projector option.
I didn't add any halos or other options.
They sent it in Koito housings (Plastic)

Install was very straight forward and they were super helpful with questions as mentioned above.

image0 (1).jpeg

image1.jpeg

Reactions: LCT
@sbenton9291
Did you go with the BiLED option or HID option?

Does anyone know if these guys are associated with bxbuilt? Seems like similar options. I ordered headlights from BXbuilt last year and waited 8 months. Ended up disputing the charges since they stopped responding to my emails. I need an upgrade but dont want to go through the whole ordeal again just to waste 6-8 months.

@sbenton9291

Does anyone know if these guys are associated with bxbuilt? Seems like similar options. I ordered headlights from BXbuilt last year and waited 8 months. Ended up disputing the charges since they stopped responding to my emails. I need an upgrade but dont want to go through the whole ordeal again just to waste 6-8 months.
I went with the Bi-Led option for the headlights and the multi beam for the high beams. So far they are working great.

I looked up bxbuilt and it looks like they were based out of Nevada and these guys are out of North Carolina. I don't think they are the same group of folks just based off of distance. If your concerned about the folks at TEQ their about paints a decent picture of how long they have been around and their growth. I also got messages back from their owner, Hunter, in like just a few hours.

No experience with these lights, but as a guy local to the shop, they are held in high regard by the NC Cruiser contingent as far as being good guys/gals, doing good work, etc. They do a pretty full spectrum of work from basic maintenance to all the usual mods and I hear good things. The lights are obviously something they can provide at a distance--I'm following here as I'm definitely tempted to upgrade.

@sbenton9291

Bxbuilt closed up shop all of a sudden I believe, at least that's what I saw others saying on a 4runner forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom