New OEM headlights LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I ordered some new headlights for my 07LX from Bell Lexus during their 12 day sale. I got the links from their eBay account and whoever manages that aspect of their parts department. They were very responsive and helpful.
Here’s the two links they sent me for the front right and left.
Drivers side:

Passenger side:

When I looked at the link it all matched up. They looked to be the right lights.
I just installed them and noticed that the drivers side is glass and clear while the passenger side is plastic and has a blue tint to the reflector area inside both low and high beam.
Can someone tell me what happened? Obviously I’d rather have the glass ones because that’s what I had before and will out last the plastic, not to mention I’m not a fan of that blue tint.
I currently have a message to them to figure it out.

3FEB9D99-351C-4BCA-9469-B5ED2FCAD318.jpeg

A82F811A-07CD-426C-A8F4-1CD7839C3433.jpeg

I purchased headlights (plastic) and a bunch of other parts from Bell Lexus over the last couple of months and noticed that they weren’t much helpful with the part lookup. For example, they couldn’t find the upper reinforcement bar for the front bumper. I had to look it up for them. Having said that, their service was great. Have you reached out to them yet? Maybe they can work something out for you, especially if they’ve given you incorrect part numbers.

I purchased headlights (plastic) and a bunch of other parts from Bell Lexus over the last couple of months and noticed that they weren’t much helpful with the part lookup. For example, they couldn’t find the upper reinforcement bar for the front bumper. I had to look it up for them. Having said that, their service was great. Have you reached out to them yet? Maybe they can work something out for you, especially if they’ve given you incorrect part numbers.
I just looked up the part they sent me…it’s not what I ordered. It’s the part for the earlier models…but it fit just fine and I would prefer glass but not sure that’s the right light and if there’s something I’m missing…
What to do? Which do I replace - the plastic correct one or the the glass one? I’m sure they’ll send whichever I want.

Earlier models came with glass and then switched over to plastic in 2003 I think. Either will work fine. It’s just preference. Looking at the photos above, I personally like the look of glass. There are pros and cons to both…

Plastic - can take minor rock hits while driving on interstate but will fade over time.
Glass - not as flexible as plastic but will look the same years from now.

We are fortunate to even have the option to choose between the two. Not sure how long that’ll last though.

Another vote for glass. Instead of buying new headlights i just bought the glass on ebay and put it on my original headlights and its like brand new. Cost 200 for both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom