ONSC Other Cars Thread (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@lt1fire I would imagine that car is not long for this world. You previously mentioned a 603 mechanical pump for one wire joy. Transplant in the Land Cruisers future? Too soon?

edit: I know zero about Mercedes nomenclature so my numbers nay ir may not designate a mechanical fuel pump.

I'm going to try and not do that lol. I do actually need a car for me for the times that Andrea and mine work schedule is in conflict. Plus with diesel 40-80 cents per gallon cheaper than gas it's a no brainer.

The 2fe going in.the 80 is going to get turbo treatment and it's a thing between Logan and I. We always wanted to build a 2fe and slap a turbo on it. Then all I need is skid plates and a rear bumper and the cruiser is pretty much done in its current incarnation. A diesel may eventually make it in there as that was always my personal plan since day one.
The bronco will get the one tons. Along with a new turbo for the 4bt and a full roll cage. If I can find a cheap tub in better condition that the current one then that also.

When those are out of the way I will start to do something to this car. A 603 mechanicL pump with large elements and a hx35 or 40 will give a huge jump in power. The trans in this is the same than came in countless dodge chargers and challengers do hopping it up won't be an issue. Or a euro 6speex swap. E55 AMG suspension parts are bolt on. The only issue is getting all the cars computers to operate normally now the engine is purely mechanical.

I really like it. It isn't as refined as my ls430 was (but that's more of an S class comparison). If I could build a luxo sleeper with 600 fl/lbs of tq then this could be my plan for a long long time.

I dont really want to buy another car for a while. I've been looking for a 606 power benz for a while but people that have them boarder cruiser craziness for what they think its worth. 350-400k on the car..... 4 thousand dollars and crap like that.
Guy I bought it off of was this pretty cool russian guy. Large language barrier but his kid translated. All he drove was diesels. He had a ram, a suburban two newer benzes all diesels.

Really though they do sell upgraded edc pumps for the car..... that with a hx40 can produce over 500hp with ecu remap. Then I look for performance parts for the 722.6 trans or find a low mile one from a v12 (not sure if gear ratios would be the same)

Enablement further engaged. I really envy those who have plans. I just muddle through my repairs and upgrades completely oblivious to what I could be doing. Everything you outlined sounds crazy yet normal to me. I look forward to your continued upgrades.

Enablement further engaged. I really envy those who have plans. I just muddle through my repairs and upgrades completely oblivious to what I could be doing. Everything you outlined sounds crazy yet normal to me. I look forward to your continued upgrades.
Well the best laid plans.......

Andrea is keeping the diesel jetta as her DD so the SVT focus is getting sold. I was going to use it but the nice seats on the svt model sit a tad too high for my yeti ass so I can't drive it fast at all.

So I found myself something more my size.

View attachment 2707642View attachment 2707643View attachment 2707644

Not my first mercedes but my first one newer than 87. Drives nice, is comfortable and the price 2k was right in my all things cheap wheel house.

Oh yeah it's also got the D.... the big D as in tge OM606 motor. The 2jz of the diesel world.

View attachment 2707651

Car has 290k on it but motor only has 150k. Was replaced at a Mercedes dealer under extended warranty. Verified by car fax and dealer print out.

I’ve always planned on rebuilding the 2B in the 44 and slapping a turbo on it, but more and more I’m thinking of the OM606 with a mechanical pump.

So, it has been over a year with this car and I could not be a happier guy. If you have even been half way thinking about some sort of classic vehicle JUMP ON IN THE WATER IS FINE!! If you buy a nice example of your particular taste, maintain it and drive it, it will have more value than it does now. There has never been a better time to be a gear head. This is the best time of year for driving this one. Top down, heater on.

246753820_4881349018562617_8101069696745834313_n.jpg

There has never been a better time to be a gear head. This is the best time of year for driving…

Echo this! We have beautiful weather and leaves turning…time to drive the fun cars before we can only use them sparingly!

New DD as the mercedes is having electrical problems (shocker on a German car) and I'm not sinking any money into a car that is getting the engine ripped out next month.

Just talked to the guy who built it. He seems to be a big subject guy around here. With a new performance exhaust exhaust his other outback that was built the same hit 275awhp with about a 25% loss to the wheels. This should help with all the winter passes I'm constantly driving over.

Picked it up an hour ago.
Screenshot_20220107-152143_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220107-152148_Facebook.jpg
received_1104831106998024.jpeg
received_3206830132774211.jpeg
received_348351916797181.jpeg

Now I just need to start pumping some EDM music and vape like a chimney.

Picked it up for less than asking.

Last edited:
Mmm, quattro
Good eye.... not a coupe though. 93 URS4 or the 1st S4.
Thing was a test track car for audi north america. Then sat in a storage warehouse forever. A forklift hit the front bumper and dented the fender slightly so Audi got rid of it due to those parts being NLA. 2nd owner did the much larger turbo and let it sit in the sun. Clear coat went on it and then the current owner bought it. He rebuilt the turbo did fresh lines to and from it. 034 stage 2 chip, wastewater spring, coil over conversion to a newer audi 2.0, some other performance stuff, should be about 300 AWHP. Being chocked by stock exhaust though. He pulled the head and completely redid it all along with timing stuff. Put about 6k into the engine bay.
He decided to let it go. He has another 93 S4 that puts out about 500WHP.... got to go for a spin in it. And his Dad, whose house we met at, must half half the AAN 2.2 turbo stock in the PNW. He had 3 URS4s, 2 URS6 (One the Avant that I drooled over) a coupe Quattro and no less than 8 turbo 20V 92 Audi 200s...... I've only seen one of those before as they were a low sale number one year only thing. Plus a bunch of other random pre 95 audis.
Interior is mint on it except the LCD screen on the HVAC controls is broken.... exterior needs some work, I'm just glad to have a comfortable sporty manual car to drive again.

20221016_175253.jpg
20221016_134600.jpg
20221016_142403.jpg
20221016_142408.jpg
20221016_174856.jpg

First order of business. Baseline all fluids and filters, Brakes, winter tires, repair bumpers (or find a eyro front bumper) and fender, new paint.

Then next year - exhaust, B5S4 wheels, porsche brake upgrade, find a B5S4 six speed to swap when it's clutch time. Fix sunroof and do headliner

Good eye.... not a coupe though. 93 URS4 or the 1st S4.
Thing was a test track car for audi north america. Then sat in a storage warehouse forever. A forklift hit the front bumper and dented the fender slightly so Audi got rid of it due to those parts being NLA. 2nd owner did the much larger turbo and let it sit in the sun. Clear coat went on it and then the current owner bought it. He rebuilt the turbo did fresh lines to and from it. 034 stage 2 chip, wastewater spring, coil over conversion to a newer audi 2.0, some other performance stuff, should be about 300 AWHP. Being chocked by stock exhaust though. He pulled the head and completely redid it all along with timing stuff. Put about 6k into the engine bay.
He decided to let it go. He has another 93 S4 that puts out about 500WHP.... got to go for a spin in it. And his Dad, whose house we met at, must half half the AAN 2.2 turbo stock in the PNW. He had 3 URS4s, 2 URS6 (One the Avant that I drooled over) a coupe Quattro and no less than 8 turbo 20V 92 Audi 200s...... I've only seen one of those before as they were a low sale number one year only thing. Plus a bunch of other random pre 95 audis.
Interior is mint on it except the LCD screen on the HVAC controls is broken.... exterior needs some work, I'm just glad to have a comfortable sporty manual car to drive again.

View attachment 3143007View attachment 3143008View attachment 3143009View attachment 3143010View attachment 3143011

First order of business. Baseline all fluids and filters, Brakes, winter tires, repair bumpers (or find a eyro front bumper) and fender, new paint.

Then next year - exhaust, B5S4 wheels, porsche brake upgrade, find a B5S4 six speed to swap when it's clutch time. Fix sunroof and do headliner
How is the Audi? Do you have feedback on a 1995 s6? Or 1991 200tq? I'm missing the boost lee car for sure.

Last edited:
How is the Audi? Do you have feedback on a 1995 s6? Or 1991 200tq? I'm missing the boost lee car for sure.
Yeah I wish I had known you were selling it again I would have bought it back. I had instant seller's regret especially "buddy" price I sold it to you for.

A 95 S6 or URS6 is essentially the same car as my 93 URS4. Small differences to the body and interior but same motor, same trans. Biggest difference in the US is the Avant body style was sold in the S6 but not S4.
They are and have been along with the first S8, not sure why those weren't ever called URS8s, are my favorite big body German sedans by far. AWD, Power and a Manual Trans. (S8 didn't get the last one in the US though only in the EU). The 2.2 I5's are nice and actually pretty similar as the 3sgte in the all-tracs in terms or when they were designed and what they were designed for vs what they were ultimately used for. The audi is a bit older but progressed to distributorless a little faster than the 3s. The early turbo models were the 3B and the main difference between those and the AAN in the UR cars is a distributor.
But both the audi and toyota were designed for rally originally. The audi being used in group B and the toyota being designed for the 222D that never raced but found a detuned home in the Group A celicas. Both engines found further success in racing series it wasn't desinged for. Audi with IMSA and then Pikes Peak (Rohl's S1 car) and the Toyota with the IMSA (although they never raced head to head), Japanese GT cars in the supra and then Pikes Peak in the Millen Celica and Tacoma.
They were really the original small displacement engines that took on much bigger motors and dominated for a time.
In the street cars the audi has a bit of an advantage out of the box, the biggest being you can tune an audi ecu or chip it in this case (older ecu tuning). They toyota you cannot... if you want more than 50 HP above what the factory gave you, you need to go stand alone. In the stand alone the audi also wins out as it has a plug and play system available. The audi however is a much bigger car and due to the engine layout puts a lot more weight infront of the front axles so it effects overall handling.
For an upgraded trans a B5/S4 6 speed is pretty much plug and play.

my turbo and mods after I do the full exhaust should be around 330AWHP. Mos def not the fastest or most powerful car i've owned but with the AWD and nice interior it will make a good ride in the PNW weather. But i've caught @shellb car ADD so who knows how long i'll actually have it. I'll never sell Andrea's Bronco or the 80 again but all other cars are fairplay. I'm not as attached I would have been to the celica. But for now it works. It will get classic plates next year and then will go on Haggerty insurance once the body work and paint is done. So its monthly cost to keep isn't going to be that high.

Yeah I wish I had known you were selling it again I would have bought it back. I had instant seller's regret especially "buddy" price I sold it to you for.

A 95 S6 or URS6 is essentially the same car as my 93 URS4. Small differences to the body and interior but same motor, same trans. Biggest difference in the US is the Avant body style was sold in the S6 but not S4.
They are and have been along with the first S8, not sure why those weren't ever called URS8s, are my favorite big body German sedans by far. AWD, Power and a Manual Trans. (S8 didn't get the last one in the US though only in the EU). The 2.2 I5's are nice and actually pretty similar as the 3sgte in the all-tracs in terms or when they were designed and what they were designed for vs what they were ultimately used for. The audi is a bit older but progressed to distributorless a little faster than the 3s. The early turbo models were the 3B and the main difference between those and the AAN in the UR cars is a distributor.
But both the audi and toyota were designed for rally originally. The audi being used in group B and the toyota being designed for the 222D that never raced but found a detuned home in the Group A celicas. Both engines found further success in racing series it wasn't desinged for. Audi with IMSA and then Pikes Peak (Rohl's S1 car) and the Toyota with the IMSA (although they never raced head to head), Japanese GT cars in the supra and then Pikes Peak in the Millen Celica and Tacoma.
They were really the original small displacement engines that took on much bigger motors and dominated for a time.
In the street cars the audi has a bit of an advantage out of the box, the biggest being you can tune an audi ecu or chip it in this case (older ecu tuning). They toyota you cannot... if you want more than 50 HP above what the factory gave you, you need to go stand alone. In the stand alone the audi also wins out as it has a plug and play system available. The audi however is a much bigger car and due to the engine layout puts a lot more weight infront of the front axles so it effects overall handling.
For an upgraded trans a B5/S4 6 speed is pretty much plug and play.

my turbo and mods after I do the full exhaust should be around 330AWHP. Mos def not the fastest or most powerful car i've owned but with the AWD and nice interior it will make a good ride in the PNW weather. But i've caught @shellb car ADD so who knows how long i'll actually have it. I'll never sell Andrea's Bronco or the 80 again but all other cars are fairplay. I'm not as attached I would have been to the celica. But for now it works. It will get classic plates next year and then will go on Haggerty insurance once the body work and paint is done. So its monthly cost to keep isn't going to be that high.

Then I'm sure you'd appreciate my UR quattro and 07 S4

IMG_1661189872749.jpg

IMG_1661189796602.jpg

Then I'm sure you'd appreciate my UR quattro and 07 S4

View attachment 3187149

View attachment 3187150
Personally not a huge fan of any audi newer than a B5 RS4 or D2 S8, mostly because they started to take on VW levels of reliability after that, they also got rid of the manual. Newer audis are stupid fast but are finnicky as hell in my opinion. I recently rode in a 600hp RS3... nice but i'd never own it.
The URQuattro is damn nice the 10V is lacking a bit of power production when compared to the 20V but they can make it... the transam 200 did make 510 hp after all.
I actually prefer the look of the UR to the sport quatrro. They revolutionized rally but due to the same "weight in front of the front axle issue" I talked about previously quickly lost ground to the french, italian and later ford teams.
I'm trying to remember the name of the tv show where the cop drives an 83 UR Quattro. Good show.

Beautiful car you have there.

Personally not a huge fan of any audi newer than a B5 RS4 or D2 S8, mostly because they started to take on VW levels of reliability after that, they also got rid of the manual. Newer audis are stupid fast but are finnicky as hell in my opinion. I recently rode in a 600hp RS3... nice but i'd never own it.
The URQuattro is damn nice the 10V is lacking a bit of power production when compared to the 20V but they can make it... the transam 200 did make 510 hp after all.
I actually prefer the look of the UR to the sport quatrro. They revolutionized rally but due to the same "weight in front of the front axle issue" I talked about previously quickly lost ground to the french, italian and later ford teams.
I'm trying to remember the name of the tv show where the cop drives an 83 UR Quattro. Good show.

Beautiful car you have there.
Ashes to Ashes. Thanks for the compliment.

@uzj100
I should mention parts availability. From audi..... no existant past filters and oil.
Some of the OE manufacturers still make products. Body panels are the hard ones... the front fenders and bumpers are specific to URS4 and URS6.... not many were made.... finding a used one in good conidtion is hard. No one makes any after maket ones.
Most mechanical parts are still made or have upgrades. Sensors for the most part you can still find some quality parts.
Only one company that i've seen still makes an exhaust for the cars and i've found two that still do down pipes. Those can be made by any exhaust shop though.
Brakes are hydroboost and a popular upgrade is from a company that converts to vacuum boosters from the Pheaton. Porsche brake swaps are common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom