What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (58 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you elaborate on the 'intake cleaning'? What exactly was done? The idle drone has always been a big problem with 100s and I've got it on my current one. Very curious to know the exact 'cure' !

I will ask next time I see him. I would guess they soak and/or use a brush with cleaner to clean out all the deposits with the intake manifold off. I usually ask tons of questions but I was so tired when I picked it up I just wanted to get home.

Took the Cruiser out of storage, installed Dissent front/rear bumpers, fixed some rat-chewed wiring on the evap system, and replaced some burnt-out bulbs. Its good to have her back again. Test drive went smooth and she's ready for the road again.

LC100.jpg
LC-100 Rear.jpg

Took the Cruiser out of storage, installed Dissent front/rear bumpers, fixed some rat-chewed wiring on the evap system, and replaced some burnt-out bulbs. Its good to have her back again. Test drive went smooth and she's ready for the road again.

View attachment 3170335View attachment 3170333
Congrats on the dissent bumpers! How hard was the install for you? Mine was an absolute bitch haha!

Haven’t put my rear back up lights on yet

^^That seatbelt color complemented the seats very well.

Congrats on the dissent bumpers! How hard was the install for you? Mine was an absolute bitch haha!
Haven’t put my rear back up lights on yet
not the easiest except their customer service was extremely helpful. Instructions missed a lot of things but they were easy to get a hold of and walk through the process when we needed help. The kit was missing a couple items but they shipped replacements pretty quick.

No. Its functional. They're well known for their bike and cargo box mounts
Oh, sorry I wasn't clear. I have faith in the suction cup, more was just wondering if the window on the land cruiser had to be reinforced? From memory its just the motorized actuator on one end and a small hinge point on the other.

So I finally found a windshield installer near me that seemed like they would do a good job, use rivets, oem gaskets/seals, etc. I had a mobile appointment scheduled this morning. I removed the wipers, cowl, and screws from the previous install in preparation. I didn't full remove the side trim, but I peeked behind it and it all looked pretty good.

Unfortunately, the installers found rust behind the top seal when they pulled it (doesn't look too bad to me). While they said they could do minor rust repair, they were afraid to go any further with the job and recommended I take it to a body shop.

Now I'm left searching for body shops in the SF Bay Area that can fix this and install new glass. On top of that, I'm moving in three weeks and am really hoping I can get this fixed in time.

Even though they didn't complete the job, I would recommend Super Auto Glass if you need a windshield. They seemed really honest and thorough – just wish they were could do more rust repair.

View attachment 3167975

View attachment 3167971
I just noticed streaks on the inside of my windscreen and took a look at the seal. I have a couple of st=pots that want some love. So if you end up finding a good spot, please let me know. Did you discuss with Waylan at the Toy Shop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom