Tailgate Damper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It is a reasonably clean solution for $30 in parts...

The video from Stabilus is funny. For some reason it shows 2 guys installing it. 1 is doing all the work, the other is handing him 1 part at a time.
Must be a Union job...

Let us know how it fits ..... i want one

I looked very closely at the deezee recently to help offset the weight of my fully loaded WagonGear'd tailgate. It's too heavy for my wife and that lid dropping on my kids' heads would be devastating. I don't want to always be policing anyone besides myself lowering the tailgate which is exactly what I do now whenever we head out.

With that, the stock folding braces on both sides of the tailgate eat into the space that this type of lift/tailgate solution (deezee or the ez down) needs. Meaning, there's no obvious way to install these struts without factoring a change to the folding arm supports. Play around with the tailgate and look at both sides when raising/lowering, look at the space available, and you'll see what I mean.

Since those folding arms are really there only as a 'just in case' the tailgate stops themselves fail or bend (the stops being integrated with the hinges), I considered substituting out the rigid folding arms with a cable solution like you normally see on a pickup (which might then allow for the installation of the deezee/EZ Down struts with some modifications). Just never got around to actually moving forward - ideas only at this stage but very interested as well should someone move forward and get something figured out. I can't have 95 #'s crashing down unexpectedly one of these days.

Last edited:
Just never got around to actually moving forward - ideas only at this stage but very interested as well should someone move forward and get something figured out. I can't have 95 #'s crashing down unexpectedly one of these days.

Which reads like....I need to get off my arse and solve my own problem.

5 Mins & $35 - Ordered mine today but on Backorder.

**Have ordered from Solve Function in past and he's Great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom