What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Discovered this loose molding above the driver's door. Can't seem to locate a PN for whatever clip I need to fix it - anyone know what I need?

1665146317373.jpeg

Discovered this loose molding above the driver's door. Can't seem to locate a PN for whatever clip I need to fix it - anyone know what I need?

View attachment 3134089

Check if the clip is bust (it’s metal) as opposed to the plastic tabs on that moulding piece just being bent out of line

View attachment 3134089

Check if the clip is bust (it’s metal) as opposed to the plastic tabs on that moulding piece just being bent out of line

Or that the clip has come unglued from the roof channel but is still attached to the molding. That was the problem with mine.

How'd you end up mounting here?
Looks great. Where/how did you route the wiring for it?
My good buddy and fellow cruiserhead @djstudley88 was the mastermind behind this install. I am super grateful for all the help he's given me over the years. He removed the overhead console and then the sunglasses holder from the console. He built the radio remote face mount out of thin hard plastic, heated it up to bend it into shape. He was able to use the existing screw mounting holes for the overhead console and get longer screws to hold the console and the radio remote face mount.

Then mounted the radio base under the steering column and routed the wires for the remote face up the A pillar and across the front of the headliner to the remote face. The Mic is routed out an existing accessory port on the right side of the steering wheel. This made for a very clean looking and functional install.

Wait, are these new, or did you polish them? If they're new, what brand and let us know if you like them after. If you polished them, what did you go with?

New OEM 👌🏻

Are these the bottoms from eBay?
I honestly I do not know. I would say it's possible that's where they came from. They were included when I bought it a couple months ago. They actually match better than they appear in the pictures.

I honestly I do not know. I would say it's possible that's where they came from. They were included when I bought it a couple months ago. They actually match better than they appear in the pictures.

Could try (carefully) using a heat gun to get the leather to shrink slightly to have a better fit 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom