TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The constitution doesn't cover bank robbery either but it is still governed under federal law.

This (abortion) is an extremely complex issue, probably better discussed in the Chat forum rather than here in our club forum.
Bank robbery is a ridiculous example… The Constitution exists to codify (and limit) what the federal government has the specific authority/responsibility to do within the confines of it’s necessary existence; not be an all inclusive list of laws and restrictions pertaining to individuals.

Consequently though, as part of the powers granted, the Constitution gives Congress the power to enact statutes for certain limited purposes. From this, the US House of Representatives maintains the Office of the Law Revision Counsel who is responsible for writing US code….which covers bank robbery as a federal crime IF the robbed bank is a member of the Federal Reserve System. If not a member of the FRS…it becomes a state issue depending on overall circumstances.

Rant! Before anyone decides to “hey, state law? I can handled that”. 18 US code 2113 defines bank as any bank member of the FRS and any bank operating under US law, including branches of foreign banks operating in the US. So forget about the Santander branch.

Rant! Before anyone decides to “hey, state law? I can handled that”. 18 US code 2113 defines bank as any bank member of the FRS and any bank operating under US law, including branches of foreign banks operating in the US. So forget about the Santander branch.
Federal or state…you still get 3 hot meals a day, cable tv, and a free bed to sleep in…might not be that bad 😉

The challenge is the non tax payers voting. They are close to out numbering the tax payers. How about bring a w2 and you can vote? I know, blah blah, somebody's feelings get hurt. The issue is non tax payers voting in their buddies to benefit none tax payers.

Next subject, Roe vs Wade being overturned. This is concerning as a dad of 2 daughters. I believe it is always up to the woman no matter what . I believed that before 2 daughters. Period. How can we as a country even think we get to tell a human what to do with their body? I guess if men got pregnant, abortions would be A OK. Please help me understand how this being overturned helps this country move forward. It feels like we just went back 45 years or more.
Not sure if you’ve noticed over the last few months, but apparently men can get pregnant now 🤷‍♂️

This is precisely why I generally try to avoid political conversation.

Everything is wonderful, everyone deserves everything, we are all equal in every way. I wish everyone nothing but Unicorns and Rainbows.

Kum ba ya my (insert religious deity here) Kum ba ya

Stan,

That’s the thing. Everybody does deserve a chance. That’s the beauty of this country.

The problems come when people expect the same outcome.

There are also lots of policies and laws that don’t allow everybody to have the same chances. And I believe it is like that by design.

I agree with you Del but the reality is that not everyone gets an even chance, not even close. Read "The Creature From Jekyll Island"
This country's financial backbone was developed and set up by the richest MEN in America during the industrial revolution. It is designed for the rich to get richer and bar entrance to "new" money. It is designed to keep all of us not born with a sliver spoon in our mouths to remain in the "worker" class.

Look at the situation in this country regarding student debt. Follow the money. Who made out on the whole deal and who lost. Want to get rich in this country, open a university or nursing home. So banks lend KIDS huge amounts of money and the Federal government is the administrator. Universities rake in HUGE amounts of money in part because "we the people" have been telling kids that the only way to make it is to get a degree. So they borrow the money for tuition, meals, lodging and parties and exit 5 years later with a liberal arts degree and $80K in student debt. They take a job that is far less than they had expected because now everyone has a BA and they become indentured servants servicing the debt. Big business understands their debt and exploit the situation.

It just keeps going. My life has been a series of two steps forward, one step back. I learned how to manage money to smooth out the valleys as much as possible. I also learned that I deserve nothing, but the chance to go out into the world and better myself. I also understand that being born a white male in 1960 also gave me chances that others would not be given. I had to act on those chances and also learned how to create my own chances. I have been called a silver spooner on many occasions in my life. The son of a truck driver and a waitress is far from my definition of silver spooner. I've also been told how lucky I am. Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. I've had to work hard for every advance I've made in my life, to me that is how life is, the moment you stop working for it it spirals down the tubes.

The unfortunate reality in our country is that not everyone starts or even gets to play on an even field. I believe that to be universal around the world. We all want to think that everyone should get an even shot at everything, but we are humans and we are not so evolved as we might believe.

The Supreme court, nine people, just reversed Roe. This has been coming since Roe became law. So over 3-4 decades the court has been stacked to the bias it has now. If Ruth Ginsberg had lived 6 more months this would not have happened. You are damn right it is by design. The fact that all the polls show that 60-70% of Americans favor the right to abortion means nothing to them. It is their agenda. So much for an even playing field.

I hate gravity
7A90A863-A881-4CC0-BFA5-AD2F92AFF92D.jpeg

Somebody needs to pull on that toe for you. o_O
Since you have the pre reduction x-ray, I'm guessing someone did. Lots of ice and keep it elevated so it doesn't throb like a toothache all night. Hope you are doing well.

Somebody needs to pull on that toe for you. o_O
Since you have the pre reduction x-ray, I'm guessing someone did. Lots of ice and keep it elevated so it doesn't throb like a toothache all night. Hope you are doing well.

0788D683-219E-4F88-BFA1-124A8DB0F21B.jpeg
4A39D155-C76F-4373-96C0-2C99E80701A3.jpeg

Back in action

Mountain biking gone wrong.

@JohnVee, Bourbon does wonders when diagnosing complex medical conditions. @pkniland, in all seriousness, probably want to flex that middle joint (PIP) to about 45 degrees. Didn't see a proximal or distal phalanx volar plate fracture looking at the one view you posted, so it is going to heal nicely. That middle joint will stay swollen for a while. Do you have an ortho follow up?

@JohnVee, Bourbon does wonders when diagnosing complex medical conditions. @pkniland, in all seriousness, probably want to flex that middle joint (PIP) to about 45 degrees. Didn't see a proximal or distal phalanx volar plate fracture looking at the one view you posted, so it is going to heal nicely. That middle joint will stay swollen for a while. Do you have an ortho follow up?
Nothing scheduled yet but this is where im supposed to follow up.

Brandon J Valentine, MD In 2 days.
Specialties: Hand Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery
Contact information:
4741 Randolph Road
Ste 100
Charlotte NC 28211
704-365-6730

Nothing scheduled yet but this is where im supposed to follow up.

Brandon J Valentine, MD In 2 days.
Specialties: Hand Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery
Contact information:
4741 Randolph Road
Ste 100
Charlotte NC 28211
704-365-6730
We have a Hamom coming up, could schedule surgery if you come, will cost you nothing since we will have all the tools out for it anyway

Last edited:
They're clearing the wildlife filled woods behind our quiet homes to slap in a housing development with 30 properties on roads that cannot handle the traffic.

Whenever they want to stop putting us on top ten places to be sorts of travel lists, would be ****ing great

When I moved to the Carolinas from the Keys in 2005 I looked at Asheville and said no way. I was already getting crazy then. I chose the outskirts of Hendersonville which is also growing by leaps and bounds now. It is even starting here in Chesnee, which is downtown nowhere.

They're clearing the wildlife filled woods behind our quiet homes to slap in a housing development with 30 properties on roads that cannot handle the traffic.

Whenever they want to stop putting us on top ten places to be sorts of travel lists, would be f***ing great
Asheville has to have one of the highest concentrations of wiccans in the US. Can't they all gather their crystals and collectively come up with some sort of mega curse for real estate developers?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom