Your dream Gamiviti rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tim just emailed me a pic of my newly completed rack! Now I'm working on getting to Colorado to pick it up :)

1627478704735.jpeg

After over a year with my rack, I use it more when putting the boat in the lake when alone. - Backup trailer into water > walk along slider holding onto EXPO rack > step onto tire > Step around onto rear bumper clinging to rack and then onto boat trailer > boat Still love it and it looks great.

YMMV :smokin::flipoff2::smokin:

Last edited:
Anybody got a rough weight on one of these full sized racks? I know there are different variants but trying to see an average weight.

Roughly 60 pounds.
Wow that WAY lighter than I was expecting. That is perfect! I'll be contacting Gamiviti soon to order this for my 80. I've spent days looking at all the options and nothing looks as good as the Gamiviti rack on that platform IMO. I've seen these in person at HIH8 (heck I was on one of Tim's trail runs) and it's such a well made product.

Is there any room to adjust the height of the rack? I know on my Dissent rack, you have like a good inch+ or so adjustment room on the mounting brackets. I want it as low as possible on the roof. Looking at the pics, I see if you're running the optional wind fairing it limits how low you can mount the rack, but without the fairing and maybe a single row 40" (give or take) light bar, you might be able to position the rack lower?

Wow that WAY lighter than I was expecting. That is perfect! I'll be contacting Gamiviti soon to order this for my 80. I've spent days looking at all the options and nothing looks as good as the Gamiviti rack on that platform IMO. I've seen these in person at HIH8 (heck I was on one of Tim's trail runs) and it's such a well made product.

Is there any room to adjust the height of the rack? I know on my Dissent rack, you have like a good inch+ or so adjustment room on the mounting brackets. I want it as low as possible on the roof. Looking at the pics, I see if you're running the optional wind fairing it limits how low you can mount the rack, but without the fairing and maybe a single row 40" (give or take) light bar, you might be able to position the rack lower?

There is definitely room to adjust the height of the rack. Tim (@nakman) can provide more details. The front of mine could probably stand to be lower but I’ve been too lazy to adjust it! 😂

Can someone answer this please. I want to run a 40” Baja designs light bar on the front of the roof rack. Can I use the snap on fairing for highway driving with the light bar installed?

I see on the Gamiviti site the flip up fairing can be used with a light bar in place but unsure if the snap on fairing is light bar friendly.

Can someone answer this please. I want to run a 40” Baja designs light bar on the front of the roof rack. Can I use the snap on fairing for highway driving with the light bar installed?

I see on the Gamiviti site the flip up fairing can be used with a light bar in place but unsure if the snap on fairing is light bar friendly.
email @nakman he is super responsive and at least in my case was able to suggest a brand new solution - that didn't even exist before!

Bringing this thread back to life as it seems to be the holding center for most info from the Gamiviti offering.

While doing rack research you quickly realize you need to save a few extra pennies if you want something decent. Yes Ironman is tempting at under $1k and free shipping but is it worth it? Maybe but everything on this vehicle is high quality, cant start skimping out now.

As for other options, they all seemed more geared towards a super low profile design maybe better suited for a RTT. I am not running a RTT and I need more function out of my rack rather than a bunch of flat slotted cross bars. The drop down side rails on the Gamiviti paired with the other possible build options make it hands down the best option for the 100 series if you want a truly functional rack and not just a fashion statement.

Alright so generally speaking these racks give you the option to customize each third of the rack. The rear, middle, and over the sunroof. The options consist of either straight up cross bars, a grid / mesh pattern, a drop down basket, or a plastic panel to give a flat sort of slotted surface. I wish I had more computer design skills, it would be cool to have some kind of tool where you can click and add features to see what your getting.

Anyway, the verdict on the drop down basket is it's a bit heavy and may be best to only have one if any. I opt'd for the center section.

I paired that with the plastic panels in the front and rear. This will allow the middle basket to act as the catch all while the front and rear can be for more dedicated equipment.

As always, Tim at Gamiviti is easy to work with. Gather the info out there, make sense of what options you want, and then work with him to narrow it down.

Here is the setup on order for me. The front and rear will have the plastic flat panels that can go on top of the cross bars.

1650050134589.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom