ARB Intensity Lights Compared? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the ironman no loop for the 2016. You recommend the 8.5 sport over the pro version?

Not sure about “sport.” Mine were just called the Type-X in 2016… Call and ask if they are the same… Just be sure to remember Australia is a wee different time zone. They are very helpful on the phone.

About recommending… I don’t like recommending stuff I haven’t tried myself, so I would check with them if its just a renamed type-x.

I got the pros and really like them.
IMG_8228.jpg
IMG_3763 (1).jpg

I got super lucky when I bought my truck last Spring. PO did a lot of camping with his kid ...& had a lot of money I guess so he had bought two pairs of the 7" ARB Intensity's & had them on the roof. 2 spots & 2 floods. Crazy amount of light. I switched the rig up a bunch since then. Recently put on a TJM T13 bumper and mounted the floods. I plan to play around with the floods vs the spots a little to see which I prefer then sell the other two, should pay for a little chunk of my bumper. May even experiment running one spot & one flood. Will mainly be using them for remote Baja & camping. Will eventually put the one pair up on MudBay at some point. @Markuson thanks for the advice on the T13!

bumper2.jpeg

I got super lucky when I bought my truck last Spring. PO did a lot of camping with his kid ...& had a lot of money I guess so he had bought two pairs of the 7" ARB Intensity's & had them on the roof. 2 spots & 2 floods. Crazy amount of light. I switched the rig up a bunch since then. Recently put on a TJM T13 bumper and mounted the floods. I plan to play around with the floods vs the spots a little to see which I prefer then sell the other two, should pay for a little chunk of my bumper. May even experiment running one spot & one flood. Will mainly be using them for remote Baja & camping. Will eventually put the one pair up on MudBay at some point. @Markuson thanks for the advice on the T13!

View attachment 2781518
ARB recommends running one of each so you don’t really have to choose.

I won’t be going with the LEDs but when I do get my HID light forces with the adjustable beam pattern I plan to set one to fog and one to spot.. ARB made a good case.

ARB recommends running one of each so you don’t really have to choose.

I won’t be going with the LEDs but when I do get my HID light forces with the adjustable beam pattern I plan to set one to fog and one to spot.. ARB made a good case.

Or just get the Stedi…which have combination lenses (both distance and wide coverage) at half the cost. ;)

Or just get the Stedi…which have combination lenses (both distance and wide coverage) at half the cost. ;)
@calixto already has two of each, just saying they may not need to choose.

I don’t know anything of stedi’s quality.. worth messing with?

@calixto already has two of each, just saying they may not need to choose.

I don’t know anything of stedi’s quality.. worth messing with?

Ah. Got it. But as usual, I’m also thinking of others who may be reading along…

About Stedis…I can only speak to mine (Type-X 8.5”)…which were fantastic. They had a problem 4.8 years in…but Stedi sent me replacements from Aistralia at no charge…not even for shipping. Unfortunately, in a pinch (and before learning they were warranty replacing them) I had bought LP9s from Baja Designs… Despite the Bajas being their flagship model & being way more expensive than the Stedis, and cool design…I actually liked the output of my Stedi set better.

So… I now have Bajas on…and a set of Stedis I’m trying to decide what to do with.

The Stedis not only had a longer throw, bit also had a wider spread and smooth transition. Bajas are OK, but not as bright…and their little side-angled lights get blocked by bull-bar uprights…
:meh:

Ah. Got it. But as usual, I’m also thinking of others who may be reading along…

About Stedis…I can only speak to mine (Type-X 8.5”)…which were fantastic. They had a problem 4.8 years in…but Stedi sent me replacements from Aistralia at no charge…not even for shipping. Unfortunately, in a pinch (and before learning they were warranty replacing them) I had bought LP9s from Baja Designs… Despite the Bajas being their flagship model & being way more expensive than the Stedis, and cool design…I actually liked the output of my Stedi set better.

So… I now have Bajas on…and a set of Stedis I’m trying to decide what to do with.

The Stedis not only had a longer throw, bit also had a wider spread and smooth transition. Bajas are OK, but not as bright…and their little side-angled lights get blocked by bull-bar uprights…
:meh:

BwaJaJaJa :)

IMG_1172.JPG

Well there ya go. :)
Kinda like that idea.

Which lenses/spread are behind the yellow BDs? Flood? Diffuse? Spot? Cornering? Just curious. I had a set of cornering BDs set to go on some time back, but alas, they were stolen somehow before install. They had an interesting throw.

Well there ya go. :)
Kinda like that idea.

Which lenses/spread are behind the yellow BDs? Flood? Diffuse? Spot? Cornering? Just curious. I had a set of cornering BDs set to go on some time back, but alas, they were stolen somehow before install. They had an interesting throw.

I went driving/combo on the yellow and spot on the clear. The combo does a great job. I was going to order the Stedi but they were too deep for my bumper/grill spacing.

Nice set up! Are you planning to relocate your camera?

bumping this one up as it was the most relevant thread I found on this.. I just installed Stedi lights in my ARB bumper, and can't seem to get them to aim just right. There's only one adjustment bolt, and it's essentially up and down, but the angle of the insert in the bumper and the pivot of the lens is turned more sideways- so my choices are low right in front of me, or way up in the air and off to the side. These things are amazing at lighting up people on the sidewalk, or shining into folks' 2nd story windows in the neighborhood, or I guess seeing an object 4' in front of me.... but I was hoping for more light down the highway...

I am thinking of pulling it apart and trying to shim the mounts somehow, anyone else do this and find a trick? I'll see if I can post up some pics if I can get out in the dark again.

bumping this one up as it was the most relevant thread I found on this.. I just installed Stedi lights in my ARB bumper, and can't seem to get them to aim just right. There's only one adjustment bolt, and it's essentially up and down, but the angle of the insert in the bumper and the pivot of the lens is turned more sideways- so my choices are low right in front of me, or way up in the air and off to the side. These things are amazing at lighting up people on the sidewalk, or shining into folks' 2nd story windows in the neighborhood, or I guess seeing an object 4' in front of me.... but I was hoping for more light down the highway...

I am thinking of pulling it apart and trying to shim the mounts somehow, anyone else do this and find a trick? I'll see if I can post up some pics if I can get out in the dark again.
Pics of the beam, I just installed some but I installed center of the bumper, they light up a few blocks down.

Without knowing the mounting on that particular bumper, all i can say is one bolt has been plenty on mine. This has allowed me to swivel them in the proper orientation.

Without knowing the mounting on that particular bumper, all i can say is one bolt has been plenty on mine. This has allowed me to swivel them in the proper orientation.
I only used a predrilled middle hole and drilled out the outer holes so I wonder if @nakman used predrilled holes making his stedi brackets angled that would make sense if he is saying they are angled.

Ok appreciate the comments, here's what I have..

IMG_6101.jpg

IMG_6102.jpg

As I mentioned before this beam goes up and out, so I want to adjust it so that it goes more crosseyed... more towards the center. So what I did today is unbolt the light from the carrier, then I stacked up a couple small lock washers on the 2 inside mounts, between the light and carrier.
IMG_6104.jpg

Then when I bolted it all up again, I've got about a 2mm slant now of the light relative to the mount.

IMG_6105.jpg

IMG_6106.jpg

I feel like this is only about halfway to where I need to be, but I'll give it a shot tonight and see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom