CLOSED: Fabulous Fabrications Snorkel Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love this snorkel!

87D0FA29-5DDD-4A31-BD4A-336B3F1BFE1D.jpeg

Anyone receive tracking on theirs yet? Thought mine would be a pretty quick turn around since it’s stainless with the standard end cap.

I just spoke to the owner, and several units are going out today (with tracking emails this afternoon). The others should start trickling out in the coming days.

I just spoke to the owner, and several units are going out today (with tracking emails this afternoon). The others should start trickling out in the coming days.
Wow. Best looking snorkel I’ve ever seen, on any vehicle. Looks really. Good in black. Would love to see it in stainless.

I have a cheap air powered body saw from harbor fright and it works fine for cutting sheet metal. I can't imagine using it as a professional to make my living, but for an occasional job here or there, it works fine.

Aww, don't sell it short. Here's one that been subjected to about 30 years professional use. One of the best tool purchases of my life.

For anyone going this route, I highly recommend making yourself a quick protection donut, I.D. just slightly larger in diameter than the cut you need to make and outer perimeter maybe ≈3" or larger than the outside of the cut to protect surrounding sheet metal. I usually use scrap 1/4 plywood. If the blade jumps out of the cut, you could be looking at an even more expensive snorkel install than originally expected. Yep, I've seen it many times...

IMG_4520.jpg

Just finished reading through the thread. To add to what @Eric Sarjeant said already — no, there’s no discernible performance difference. There is no induction noise. It is invisible from the drivers seat. And it is remarkably quiet compared to the safari snorkel on my 80.

As a bonus, even though it sits closely, it doesn’t catch leaves, pine needles, etc. I’m constantly cleaning out the gap between the safari snorkel and the a-pillar on the 80.

I'm not looking forward to the day everyone on this group buy starts posting the pictures of their sweet sweet snorkels.

Woohoo! Got my tracking this morning and immediately knew that this snorkel was meant to be based on the shipping company 😂 :

View attachment 2897705
I got the same email this AM. Mine is scheduled to arrive today. Now gotta figure out who and how to get installed. Look forward to seeing some install writeups.

Last edited:
Got mine 30 min ago, looks great! Tape on the box was open in a spot, thinking I’m missing some hardware. I emailed them about it already.

EDIT: I'm good, nothing fell out of the "kangaroo pouch"

E5997128-88C6-4810-9607-48B3E077D477.jpeg

4A0A4530-6A50-428B-B9B9-860159110507.jpeg

Last edited:
Unwrapped mine today. It's got the honeycomb end and looks like it's welded on so it isn't coming off or getting replaced easily. This is what I wanted.

View attachment 2898744
Didn’t think about the screen being welded on. That’s not bad but it probably means mine will be delayed as I went for TOYOTA in block letters.

I ordered plain mesh like above. I haven't seen a shipping confirmation. I'd think they'd do them in batches of like items, but who knows.

Alright @BigJohnAZ and @prharper. Who’s first to go under the knife? I’m ready to see some detailed install pics and the finished product 😂
I recently had that body panel replaced at a bodyshop ~$1,500. Couldn't find any snorkels for sale prior to the repair. I think I'll go last :rolleyes:

Alright @BigJohnAZ and @prharper. Who’s first to go under the knife? I’m ready to see some detailed install pics and the finished product 😂

I'm also more of a wait for pitfalls & guides type of guy :geek:. Scoping out options for who I want carving into my mall cruiser when I'm confident, speaking to Desert Rats now. A place called LEKSFIXIT is my go-to for maintenance -- they want no part of cutting into a perfectly good body panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom