California (SoCal San Diego) folks. How much is y’all’s registration for your 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just curious. $448 just seems really high for a 2013. I’m not originally from here (my wife is 3rd generation though), so I don’t know if this is normal or not. I know there’s nothing I can do about it, but just wondering.

Same amount same year. Welcome to Cali :cool:

Yeah 125k here. On the flip side, I bet I could get close to what I paid for the truck 5 years/50k miles ago ha. Never!

Yeah 125k here. On the flip side, I bet I could get close to what I paid for the truck 5 years/50k miles ago ha. Never!
Lol. It’s gonna appreciate like the 90s Supra even though I would never sell it.

Just curious. $448 just seems really high for a 2013. I’m not originally from here (my wife is 3rd generation though), so I don’t know if this is normal or not. I know there’s nothing I can do about it, but just wondering.

Sounds right to me.
Its always adjusted to assumed market value. My 08 was around $280 i think…

Is it an annual excise tax based on vehicle value in CA? I recall something similar when I lived is Tax-a-chussetts, oops Massachusetts. Makes the $76 registration I pay annually feel like a downright bargain.

Is it an annual excise tax based on vehicle value in CA? I recall something similar when I lived is Tax-a-chussetts, oops Massachusetts. Makes the $76 registration I pay annually feel like a downright bargain.

Pretty sure, basically yes.
But the fun doesn’t stop there.
Every gallon of gas gets the highest tax applied to it here.

It's for the greater good. How else are we going to pay for Hi-speed rail.😁

Yet another reason I’m happy to live in Florida. Taxing a car you already own is offensive on multiple levels.

Tech?

$493

I assume me? $310 for an '09.

Peripheral but latest excitement in Californistein this year, is that they've enacted ECU tune checks as part of smog with every other year of registration. I'm sure that's where some of our registration costs go, on top of additional smog check fees. Thank goodness we can't tune the 200-series (yet), but damn, that sure kills the fun for many other enthusiast cars.

$48 registration fee in KS for my 2013 plus “personal property tax” of $366 paid at the same time so call it whatever, the total is $414.

No tech. Chit-chat

~ $56 for my '13. $4 of that is "convenience fee" for registering on line.

God bless Idaho.

No tech. Chit-chat

I assume me? $310 for an '09.

Peripheral but latest excitement in Californistein this year, is that they've enacted ECU tune checks as part of smog with every other year of registration. I'm sure that's where some of our registration costs go, on top of additional smog check fees. Thank goodness we can't tune the 200-series (yet), but damn, that sure kills the fun for many other enthusiast cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom