Official ONSC member buying/selling thread (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saw this on slickdeals.net....

REI - Yakima Skyrise 2 Roof Top Tent - RTT for $561.69 - Yakima SlimShady Awning $135.69
For those who are looking to get into the whole overlanding - camping scene and looking for a cheap name brand roof top tent. REI has the Yakima Skyrise 2 person roof top tent for $748.93, but if you are a REI member (one time $20 fee) you can get an additional 25% and get the tent for only $561.69.

MSRP for the tent is $1099.

Oversized shipping for this tent is $180, or you can have it shipped free to REI and pick it up from your nearest store.

They also have the Yakima SlimShady awning for $180.93 for non REI members and $135.69 for REI members.

MSRP is $279

Store: REI

https://www.rei.com/product/11480...ise-2-tent

does anyone happen to have an OEM dash? it's part # 55410-90G28

was hoping to get one before Wednesday so I can get my radio installed

View attachment 1917647
Just got home from 12 day trip to Israel, I think I have one of these, give me a few days to look!

1994 FJ80 TRIPLE LOCKED & LOADED - FREE TO A GOOD HOME - $9,500 Adoption fee, OBO

Cross posted

My son’s mall crawling days are over. Actually, he’s still in high school, and never crawled at the mall....I drove it to the mall. He’s got a friggin 4.77 GPA and wanted a Mustang... so the TLC days are numbered.

Up for sale is a very nice, clean, straight southern truck, rust free (except the ball on the stock hitch and some surface rust on the exhaust system), garage kept (recently) FJ80. Truck was wheeled ONCE (by me), and performed flawlessly. OK, it was only Hurricanese Creek trail, and a RAV4 would have been fine except for the one hole.... There’s no need for me to brag on it - it’s an -80.... it was the Great White Hype... his Yeti... but now this truck can be yours, or hers... you missed it for Valentines Day, but Memorial Day is coming. I’m putting the money into my -40. Vintage Air, rear locker install, motor refresh.... maybe an LS1 swap.... never mind that....

The short story....

I bought the truck for him to drive in high school. I bought it because y’all showed me how bad ass (and woefully slow) an -80 is. He never got a speeding ticket in it. Hell, the po-po never even gave him a second look.... I wanted it for me, but I had a plan.... now the plan has run full course. Purchased with 298k miles I think... I wasn’t worried; Marshall has over 400k on one.
  1. Front knuckles rebuilt, <5k miles ago - because they leak, eventually.
  2. Radiator replaced, last year. Didn’t want to, but it gave up the ghost, so...
  3. New interior - leather &cushions. Front and middle row. Feels like the S American seamstresses did a phenomenal job. 3rd row is in the closet, and looks like new (as do most). Third row will be included in the sale, I don’t need them either.
  4. Throttle cable assembly replaced @ LexTech - because Glenn knows what he’s doing like no ones business - and I wanted it done right.
  5. PHH replaced @ 300k miles. While it was at Lex Tech - see explanation above about Glenn knowing his s***.
  6. Truck has @ 313,000 miles but looks like 113k miles. Sure, some of the pi striping is missing, but how would you look after 300k miles driving with your head out the window? OK, then.
  7. All windows work. And all windows are original Toyota glass (well, maybe not ‘Original’ - I’m the 5th owner.
  8. Antenna works - but my wife recommends lowering it before driving it thru an automatic car wash... SMDH
  9. Sunroof works - tilt and slide, no leaks. NO, she knows to close the sunroof at the car wash... the antennae surprised her.
  10. Yes, the AC works. And it will drip condensate on your flip flop Wearing GF in the passenger seat as it blows cold air....
  11. Yes, the LOCKERS WORK; NO - I didn’t 7 wire it - it came like this from Mr Toyota himself.
    1. Not that you’ll need them, it’s an 80.... it’ll drive thru hell in 4H. But not until you hand over the benjamins.
    2. Glenn replaced the ‘actuator’ when we bought the truck. See #4 and #5 again.
  12. Truck will have a full tank of gas, so you can get half way to where your going. Bring $20 to get rest of way.
  13. Truck has an aftermarket head unit with back up camera - so they didn’t ding up the back bumper at the mall.
Posting to LCLC, Upstate and ONSC sites for one week. I have more pics. Including the undercarriage, which is dirty, because my 17 yo son doesn’t understand “wash the truck, REALLY GOOD’ before I take pics to sell it.

* No tire kicking, the General Grabber red letter tires are bad ass, no need to poke the bear. No low ball offers. I’ll respond, but it won’t be cordial. I’m not giving the truck away, if I don’t sell it, i’ll be driving it also because this truck should have been named Truck Norris....

CC9E58EA-39ED-4153-BAA2-565CFCFF21D9.jpeg

D0F68882-46BB-42FB-AC28-F927EACDD4C9.jpeg

FBA46488-0BD5-44FF-95D2-ECB6E29429D9.jpeg

E6E09D1C-BC52-4E02-B9D4-41AB0620958F.jpeg

27CCCA1F-9597-403C-B596-5F58F9F5E198.jpeg

Saw this on slickdeals.net....

REI - Yakima Skyrise 2 Roof Top Tent - RTT for $561.69 - Yakima SlimShady Awning $135.69
For those who are looking to get into the whole overlanding - camping scene and looking for a cheap name brand roof top tent. REI has the Yakima Skyrise 2 person roof top tent for $748.93, but if you are a REI member (one time $20 fee) you can get an additional 25% and get the tent for only $561.69.

MSRP for the tent is $1099.

Store: REI

https://www.rei.com/product/11480...ise-2-tent

Looks like the price is through today only. I got the $561.69 price before I got to the shopping cart. Just completed an order at $599.00 with tax and shipping into the store in GSO.

Hmmm... do you have a Diesel?

Anyone have a set of front 95-97 80 series flares in decent shape they’d be willing to part with? I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to make the old flares off my dads 80 work but if I can find a good set I’d rather use them. Color does not matter as they will be painted.

94 should be fiberglass, if I recall with different mounts.

I have a set and a half from a 94 if they will fit your 95 they are yours.

Man I really appreciate it but I’m almost 100% certain they are going to be different. Thanks though!

example based on mfg date.
right side Front flares
��
53087-60904(08/1992 - 12/1994)
53087-60906(01/1995 - 12/1997)
right side rear flares (front half)

61061-60901(08/1992 - 12/1994)
61061-60903(01/1995 - 12/1997)

right side rear flares (rear half)

61063-60903(08/1992 - 12/1994)
61063-60905(01/1995 - 12/1997)

increment the 5 digit (+1) on all part numbers for the left side. ( i.e. 53088-60904)

The bolt pattern is different but can be drilled

For Sale: 1986 FJ60 with 5.7 Vortec swap and Downey adapter to keep the stock 4-speed tranny and transfercase. Motor is from a Suburban with 87k miles that was rear ended. Clear title in seller’s name.
Asking Price: $1,000
The Bad: SOA makes it too tall for my garage. Not currently running. Has Howell wiring harness adapter which needs to be hooked up. Clutch fork needs to be installed and slave cylinder needs to be bolted on. Some rust in rear frame and quarter panels.
Seller: Noah Jones: ‭Call or text 91 Oh Seven 77-36 two 8
Below are pictures from Noah’s Facebook posts (dog not included). For more current photos: iCloud

I have not seen the truck in person but considered adding it in an effort to keep with the rest of you hoarders. Spoke with Noah yesterday and told him I’d post it up in this thread to help him out

For Sale: 1986 FJ60 with 5.7 Vortec swap and Downey adapter to keep the stock 4-speed tranny and transfercase. Motor is from a Suburban with 87k miles that was rear ended. Clear title in seller’s name.
Asking Price: $1,000
The Bad: SOA makes it too tall for my garage. Not currently running. Has Howell wiring harness adapter which needs to be hooked up. Clutch fork needs to be installed and slave cylinder needs to be bolted on. Some rust in rear frame and quarter panels.
Seller: Noah Jones: ‭Call or text 91 Oh Seven 77-36 two 8
Below are pictures from Noah’s Facebook posts (dog not included). For more current photos: iCloud

I have not seen the truck in person but considered adding it in an effort to keep with the rest of you hoarders. Spoke with Noah yesterday and told him I’d post it up in this thread to help him out
View attachment 1925156View attachment 1925157View attachment 1925158
View attachment 1925159

@shellb

1994 FJ80 TRIPLE LOCKED & LOADED - FREE TO A GOOD HOME - $9,500 Adoption fee, OBO

Cross posted

My son’s mall crawling days are over. Actually, he’s still in high school, and never crawled at the mall....I drove it to the mall. He’s got a friggin 4.77 GPA and wanted a Mustang... so the TLC days are numbered.

Up for sale is a very nice, clean, straight southern truck, rust free (except the ball on the stock hitch and some surface rust on the exhaust system), garage kept (recently) FJ80. Truck was wheeled ONCE (by me), and performed flawlessly. OK, it was only Hurricanese Creek trail, and a RAV4 would have been fine except for the one hole.... There’s no need for me to brag on it - it’s an -80.... it was the Great White Hype... his Yeti... but now this truck can be yours, or hers... you missed it for Valentines Day, but Memorial Day is coming. I’m putting the money into my -40. Vintage Air, rear locker install, motor refresh.... maybe an LS1 swap.... never mind that....

The short story....

I bought the truck for him to drive in high school. I bought it because y’all showed me how bad ass (and woefully slow) an -80 is. He never got a speeding ticket in it. Hell, the po-po never even gave him a second look.... I wanted it for me, but I had a plan.... now the plan has run full course. Purchased with 298k miles I think... I wasn’t worried; Marshall has over 400k on one.
  1. Front knuckles rebuilt, <5k miles ago - because they leak, eventually.
  2. Radiator replaced, last year. Didn’t want to, but it gave up the ghost, so...
  3. New interior - leather &cushions. Front and middle row. Feels like the S American seamstresses did a phenomenal job. 3rd row is in the closet, and looks like new (as do most). Third row will be included in the sale, I don’t need them either.
  4. Throttle cable assembly replaced @ LexTech - because Glenn knows what he’s doing like no ones business - and I wanted it done right.
  5. PHH replaced @ 300k miles. While it was at Lex Tech - see explanation above about Glenn knowing his s***.
  6. Truck has @ 313,000 miles but looks like 113k miles. Sure, some of the pi striping is missing, but how would you look after 300k miles driving with your head out the window? OK, then.
  7. All windows work. And all windows are original Toyota glass (well, maybe not ‘Original’ - I’m the 5th owner.
  8. Antenna works - but my wife recommends lowering it before driving it thru an automatic car wash... SMDH
  9. Sunroof works - tilt and slide, no leaks. NO, she knows to close the sunroof at the car wash... the antennae surprised her.
  10. Yes, the AC works. And it will drip condensate on your flip flop Wearing GF in the passenger seat as it blows cold air....
  11. Yes, the LOCKERS WORK; NO - I didn’t 7 wire it - it came like this from Mr Toyota himself.
    1. Not that you’ll need them, it’s an 80.... it’ll drive thru hell in 4H. But not until you hand over the benjamins.
    2. Glenn replaced the ‘actuator’ when we bought the truck. See #4 and #5 again.
  12. Truck will have a full tank of gas, so you can get half way to where your going. Bring $20 to get rest of way.
  13. Truck has an aftermarket head unit with back up camera - so they didn’t ding up the back bumper at the mall.
Posting to LCLC, Upstate and ONSC sites for one week. I have more pics. Including the undercarriage, which is dirty, because my 17 yo son doesn’t understand “wash the truck, REALLY GOOD’ before I take pics to sell it.

* No tire kicking, the General Grabber red letter tires are bad ass, no need to poke the bear. No low ball offers. I’ll respond, but it won’t be cordial. I’m not giving the truck away, if I don’t sell it, i’ll be driving it also because this truck should have been named Truck Norris....

View attachment 1924051

View attachment 1924052

View attachment 1924053

View attachment 1924054

View attachment 1924055
Those seats look spectacular. Where are the leathers from?

Anyone have a set of front 95-97 80 series flares in decent shape they’d be willing to part with? I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to make the old flares off my dads 80 work but if I can find a good set I’d rather use them. Color does not matter as they will be painted.
I have a set. 1995 flares in blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom