Official ONSC member buying/selling thread (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Exact same package as my old Tundra:

Friend of a friend is having to sell his just built triple locked 1997 LX450. Just posted at the link below7

View attachment 1917934

View attachment 1917937

View attachment 1917938

View attachment 1917941

View attachment 1917943

Looks nice.

Recognizing that this group may not have the same affinity for old VWs. One of the first cars I had was an 81 rabbit. Great little car. This little truck is cool:

Recognizing that this group may not have the same affinity for old VWs. One of the first cars I had was an 81 rabbit. Great little car. This little truck is cool:

My dad had an old diesel rabbit. Loved that little car. Got caught one winter without enough antifreeze in the mix and cracked the block. RIP little rabbit.

Good deal only $10M

If you want to be a bad-ass, walk around with two vintage brass blowtorches.

I'm guessing you could melt lead within a quarter inch of the nozzle!!

You can also just pretend they are lazer guns, pew pew!!

This is a long shot, but looking for a few things for my 1989 FJ62 (I am looking for a lot of things, but these are what I need sooner than later). I am on a budget right now as I am putting way too much money into my house to get it ready to sell, thus pulling from my cruiser fund:

Suspension (looking for lift, not stock) if anyone has one laying around.

Rear Carpet Trim Plate

Drivers side snake blinder (Chrome Rocker Moulding)

Thank you in advance.

Stopped to ask about this 80 in Marshall. 1997 with shy of 275k miles. Kinda rusty - couldn't get great pics because it was in a mud pit. Interior looks okay. Cracks in the seats and all that jazz, they had some well fitting leather seat covers up front so couldn't wrestle those off to see driver or passenger. Dead as hell so didn't get to start it up or poke around. The service center couldn't tell me what all has been done, just the "we fixed it up" typical answer. Damage to left rear quarter panel. $4k. Steep... Called the number of the owners, didn't answer. Steve or Kelly Wilkerson 828-649-3990

IMG_20190305_123513~2.jpg

IMG_20190305_123635~2.jpg

IMG_20190305_123555~2.jpg

IMG_20190305_123715~2.jpg

A few more, they're all s***ty pics though. Comes with a free microwave!

An update: got ahold of owner on his cell phone. Has no idea about the truck. No modifications. Has had it serviced by that little place (that of course doesn't keep records) for years. I asked if he's firm on price - "just call them and tell them to charge the battery and test drive it, then call me back with a number". Steve Wilkinson - 828-712-3206

@jvalex Of some concern, for a family vehicle, is the condition of the 2nd row seatbelt mounts. Quite often, they can be extremely rusty, to the point of danger. There's enough visible rust elsewhere on that truck to indicate the possibility of that condition.

@jvalex Of some concern, for a family vehicle, is the condition of the 2nd row seatbelt mounts. Quite often, they can be extremely rusty, to the point of danger. There's enough visible rust elsewhere on that truck to indicate the possibility of that condition.

Agreed. @sleepycruiser and I eyeballed that in photos, he said he might go look at it in person. Owner sounds ready to dump it.

Looking at the overall condition of the vehicle, dump would be the key word. The overall condition of that truck is icky, and im bein nice. The 40th stickers on it just shows that some people have no concern about a special edition vehicle. The engine is covered in gunk, which means it leaks and hasnt been cleaned in forever, so the dirt has bonded to the oil and leaky fluids. the rust inside the body indicates at least one leak or water intrusion (look at the headliner to see if it has spots, either the roof rack holes were leaking, or the sunroof drains. or they left the sliding windows open). Same thing with all the gunk underneath. Looks like long term leakage with dirt/mud/salt, schmap bonding it in place.

If its a trail rig, go for it, but for a family hauler run away... The firebomb pinto would be a better option. LOL

It wasn't for me to begin with, I'm still on the hunt for a late 80s square body GMC suburban to thrash in memory of mama. But it's out there for someone!

probably a long shot, but looking for an ARB bumper for FJ62 if anyone has some leads on a nice used one

Anyone going to buy anything from Apple? I traded in a phone and missed the details and instead of refunding my phone plan they sent me an Apple Store Gift Card. $194.07 is the total. How about $180? Otherwise I will just buy an Apple Watch. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom