Picked up an 88 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I drove to Colorado this past week to pick up a 88 4Runner. Also made a small family vacation out of it as well. It’s a pretty capable rig. Some mods are arb air lockers, twin sticks, 589s front and rear, on board air and more goodies.

Plans are to drive the s*** out of it. Possibly motor swap at some point. Clean up all the interior do a bed liner or go back with vinyl floors. Clean up some of the rust spots and also the body a bit. I’m sure there will be more.

I also need one 37 x 12.50 x 17 Goodyear mtr the old school type.

Not a great picture but it’s the only one I have right now.

2AA8592D-3470-4905-837F-A3A7F7BC5294.jpeg

So from what I’ve read the only people who do rear tire carriers for the earlier models is 4x4 labs. They are pricey, does a to have any experience with them

Nice Frunner. Your interior pretty beat? You can get carpet kits super cheap from Stock Interiors if you want to go that route.

The F150 and motorhome all you on that trip? Great set up.

Carpet was ripped out seats are in ok shape but I anam going to redo it all. The Ford is mine not the motor home. I sold one like that but I am going to get another something smaller a little more mobile.

So what are the deets? What front axle? Looks super wide.

The Ford is mine not the motor home. I sold one like that but I am going to get another something smaller a little more mobile.

I was trying to figure out whether your wife would have driven the truck/trailer in snow, or the moho. Either way it would make her a special one! Nice to tow with a modern full-size truck. I bet you barely felt the 4Runner back there.

So what are the deets? What front axle? Looks super wide.

It's a Dana 44. All the deets are in the ad linked below:

Looks like a pretty well built rig!

Yeah it’s a Dana with upgraded internals and shafts.

Seems to be capable won’t know until I giver her a try. Now I’m looking for a toyhauler or possibly a diese pusher.

Little update here. I broke my ankle so I haven’t been able to do much. But I did purchase a soft topper, in black. Also put a sound bar on it for some music. I want to get it down some trails Before I do any major mods but I want to do a 1.9 diesel swap. My buddy just did one on his 93 pickup and it turned out great. You guys have any opinions on that swap.

Little update here. I broke my ankle so I haven’t been able to do much. But I did purchase a soft topper, in black. Also put a sound bar on it for some music. I want to get it down some trails Before I do any major mods but I want to do a 1.9 diesel swap. My buddy just did one on his 93 pickup and it turned out great. You guys have any opinions on that swap.
I like the 1.9 TDI swaps. People often have cooling issues with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom