No roof rack - pics/ advise needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I have a cracked rear cover that tends to fall off when I get off the paved road and hit some rough terrain.
I really don’t have a need for the roof rack at all, so I’m debating getting rid of it. Maybe it will make Highway noise a little less.

Has anybody here successfully run no roof rack at all without issues? I’m assuming it leaves some holes to be filled in. Any advise there?

I’m also curious how it might look, anybody have some pics with a 100 series or lx470 with no roof rack?

How to - remove the rail covers on the rack, unscrew the bolts holding the pillars on (hex key). Remove the rack bits. Most likely, the hex key hole for at least one of the bolts will be rusted and strip. EZ-Out and a drill will make quick work of it, they are not torqued tight. Screw M8x25 stainless hex head bolts in the open threaded holes. Slather the threads of the bolt with 3M body sealant before installing to prevent leaks

You can get fillers for the holes in the drip rail cover. I just removed my drip rail cover and the clips under it (when do I look at the top of the truck anyway?)

LC.jpg

LC3.jpg

Personally, I think it looks real tight with out. When i replaced my roof rack recently i had too snap some pics with out the factory rack. Just remember you might want to access those bolts some day in the future.

How to - remove the rail covers on the rack, unscrew the bolts holding the pillars on (hex key). Remove the rack bits. Most likely, the hex key hole for at least one of the bolts will be rusted and strip. EZ-Out and a drill will make quick work of it, they are not torqued tight. Screw M8x25 stainless hex head bolts in the open threaded holes. Slather the threads of the bolt with 3M body sealant before installing to prevent leaks

You can get fillers for the holes in the drip rail cover. I just removed my drip rail cover and the clips under it (when do I look at the top of the truck anyway?)

View attachment 1812104

View attachment 1812109

Thanks for the link @trdcorolla, and this information. I think it does look pretty good without anything up there. I have the whale tail big spoiler on my truck, I can’t think of any, but any issues with removing the rack and not the spoiler? Any pics out there of this particular situation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom