What did you do to your pig today? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well my slow leak in my right rear tire ,has made itself known . took it off and soaped it up found a pinhole in a weld . so rewelded from the outside (yes lazy) put it back on and within the hour was flat again . made 6 wheels when i did my current ones , so installed a back up wheel , when i swaped the tire over found a crack in the wheel itself . to fixed at a later date .running out of time to pack now

Installed this beautiful piece of art into @pmccraney ‘s Paulina Pig today.

93F3A320-AC48-4630-BE0D-A765435BC571.jpeg

F8BE9082-3134-44F1-BE42-D97774E15211.jpeg

FCC89839-D853-41AC-8849-A1BEC35E94EE.jpeg

Checked slocrusers for a cargo window seal and couldn’t find one...
It was a front seal. I had it in my stash. Lots of people still making it.

Did you see where @cruiserjunktion made the 80 series stuff work back there?

Back earlier in this thread? No.
The only thing I’ve found so far was splicing late 70’s Chevy pickup back window seals. Doesn’t look to be too terrible and it’s pretty inexpensive way to go, but always on the lookout for something that reduces Yosemite Sam style swearing.

Back earlier in this thread? No.
The only thing I’ve found so far was splicing late 70’s Chevy pickup back window seals. Doesn’t look to be too terrible and it’s pretty inexpensive way to go, but always on the lookout for something that reduces Yosemite Sam style swearing.

Nope. His build thread. Toward the end. Before the trip to Pig Party

We no longer raise kids. This is the generation that we are raising young adults. At this rate I think young adults are considered late 30’s early 40’s. Some have already retired on other peoples pensions.

On a productive note of selfishness. It was time to try and do a proper upgrade to the piggies suspension. A few years back I made a half hearted attempt. At that time I installed 2-1/2” taller shackles in the rear and 1-1/2” taller in the front. I also installed brand new factory leafs in the front and had the rear re-arched with an extra leaf added. At that time we gave a little more arch to the right rear springs to compensate for the fat driver syndrome. On an assumption by myself I purchased procomp shocks from a Toyota parts supplier thinking they were the right specks. Turns out the drivers side shock was bottoming out the last 30,000 miles and broke the front left lower shock mount ( probably due to fat driver syndrome?????). In my 46 years of hammering land cruisers, never seen that happen.

I had someone re-attach the shock mount(they added a bit more metal that needs to be made a bit prettier). I’ve had my eye on Bilstein and with the help of one or their reps circled around the 5165 series front and rear. I had to put spacers in the bump stops for a proper function. It was an easy enough install and OMG, an amazing transformation in handling. I also wanted to up grade ther steering damper. I installed a pair of Bilstein 5100 series and double OMG. There are gas field and I had to locate a way so the dampers are opposing each other. These dampers added to the electric power steering made a world of difference.

I had made an appointment with Deaver Springs in Santa Ana to do their magic on the leaf springs again. A while back I had the pig properly weighed at each wheel with it loaded for action. Even with the gear stowed evenly and no passengers, the front left wheel had 70 lbs. more weight and the left rear had 120 lbs. more weight. So pigsly had the lopsided thing going on(fat driver syndrome). I had some U-bolt skid plates made, picked up a pair of 2-1/2” shackles for the front and gave the car to Deaver to do their magic. Yeah baby, now we’re talkin. They did an amazing job. The front is perfectly level and the rear left is 3/8” high to accommodate my fat arse. Just finished the bump stop spacing and what a different car.

E202ECCC-C851-4968-B73A-D56CE155217D.jpeg

BB8CD648-1A62-4C33-B49C-DE5A15490665.jpeg

9C6B9F24-064E-4CC6-A853-622021FFB1A9.jpeg

More pics!

Are you running castor shims? That much shackle in the front will be a big cause of steering issues without the caster correction. Anything over an 1” over stock and I use the steel ones from Valley Hybrids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom