Dim passenger headlight (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I put a new set of lowbeam LED bulbs in and noticed my pass side is dimmer. I swapped the bulbs and still the same. So it isnt the bulbs themself.

The wiring on the truck is all factory and in good condition (No splices or anything I see). The housings and glass look to be in good condition.

I have not had a chance to check voltage drop yet. But does anyone know if the pass side usses a separate ground wire I can check? All the other grounds in the truck have been upgraded to heavy marine wire a few years ago.

I know I need to check the voltage at the plug. But any other things I cu neck in the mean time?

not sure, but I think there is a ground that comes out of the harness near the right headlight and bolts onto the fender below the window wash bottle.

That's good to know. I have a 2nd Batt mounted where the stock washer bottle was. Maybe I got things loose when I installed the 2nd battery a few years ago.

That's good to know. I have a 2nd Batt mounted where the stock washer bottle was. Maybe I got things loose when I installed the 2nd battery a few years ago.

I would pull out that spare battery and then turn on the lights. Grab different parts of the harness and wiggle of around while watching the headlight to see it it changes any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom