Busted my driver rear cargo window (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tmxmotorsports

SILVER Star
Threads
Ok guys and gals i just busted my rear driver cargo area window put with the damn lawnmower replaced the blades on my moms lawnmower so took it for quick spin before i took it back to her house 2 minutes later sure enough i look over at my 62 something flew out from tge mower and bam hole in window only thing holding together is the window tint. My question is how hard is it to replace myself maybe a thread about it also does anyone have one for sale. Also i am a dumbass i know and i feel really bad hurt my heart.
Thanks everyone
Tommy

Not hard. You can peel back the gasket on the inside with screwdrivers, or plastic bike tire levers, and slowly work the whole window out (to the outside of the truck). Install the new glass inside the old gasket, and do the rope-and-soap-and-assistant reinstallation job (documented here and everywhere on the web). Use care to NOT destroy the stainless trim installed in the gasket. You don't have to remove it, and it can be saved. Just leave it alone during this process.

Yessir,what he said. ^^^^^^^^^
Just make sure you get all the tempered glass pieces out of the gasket before you put the replacement glass in.

Ok everyone got my window issue resolved. I tried the classified section for the window but no one responded so i got the one i found on ebay for 150 shipped it arrived today via ups. So opened it up cleaned it up then went out to my 62 and removed the broken one witch was not all that hard except the fact that it was broken and falling apart and fell out of the rubber gasket then slid down my hand and cut my thumb open note to self wear glove when messing with broken glass. What took the longest was removing the broken glass pieces out of the rubber gasket i used a plastic putty knife for that pain. Then i took the gasket inside in the ac and installed the window into it with some soapy water i didn't use any adhesive not sure if needed it the factory had put a little if someone could chime in on that whould be cool. Then the easy part putting it back in the truck did the rope trick as mentioned above watched a quick vid on YouTube. Went outside put the bottom of the window over the pinch weld then got my girl to hold the window from the outside while i pulled the rope on the inside working our way around. Took us 5 minutes and done. Coupe of things to mention where gloves and make sure you wash your hand before installing the window into the truck you don't want the black stuff from the old rubber getting on your headliner. Thanks mud!

20180602_163455.jpg

Window back in the truck also when the window came apart did put 2 small creases in the chrome trim so also be careful with that as mentioned i wasn't ready when the window came apart.

20180602_165825.jpg

20180602_165844.jpg

20180602_165852.jpg

Been there with the cut hand from glass, put mine through a car window when I was much younger.

Your tip on the 2 people with the rope will be put into use soon as I need to pull my drivers cargo window to clean some rust.

Thanks and aside from the cut nice job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom