CV clicking, any possibility to reboot? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have one CV that is leaking grease, and another that isn't but seems to be clicking when I turn. I have been doing a lot of digging through the Mud search, and it seems like a toyota reboot is the way to go (+pfran clamps) if just leaking grease. I am already about to replace pads/rotors/bearings so I will just do all at once.

For the drivers side that is clicking, is there anything to fix it or is my only option to completely replace?

I have one CV that is leaking grease, and another that isn't but seems to be clicking when I turn. I have been doing a lot of digging through the Mud search, and it seems like a toyota reboot is the way to go (+pfran clamps) if just leaking grease. I am already about to replace pads/rotors/bearings so I will just do all at once.

For the drivers side that is clicking, is there anything to fix it or is my only option to completely replace?

If it were me, I would replace both CV's with new OEM, reboot the leaking one and use it as a spare on the trail. Once you have the hub off to do the rotors, you have most everything you need apart to do the CV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom