Costco won’t install KO2s on my LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
These are going into 17” RW wheels. 285 70 17

Anyone run into this? They say the speed rating on the tire is too low for the vehicle.

Costco won't do anything that doesn't match the sticker on the door. They're pretty much worthless when is comes to custom tire sizing. Go to America's and you'll have no problemo. America's will match the Costco prices.

Discount tire told me its rated for 118mph which I do regularly. I hope KO3s are better.

Discount tire told me its rated for 118mph which I do regularly. I hope KO3s are better.

Ok are KO3s really a thing or is there a mix up with the KM3??

Discount will price negotiate when you have a price from others like Tire rack. I also like the free rotations and tire repairs.

They are real

Costco will replace them if they are already on the truck...but they won’t swap larger if you have stock size on it at the time.

At least that’s true at my local Costco.

However(!)...Discount Tire was actually quite a bit cheaper than Costco when I last bought KO2”s!

Go to discount tire and they will match Costco pricing if not already lower than Costco. I got my KO2 from discount tire and they were cheaper than Costco.

My Costco did the same thing. I've got stock wheels, but wanted a non stock size tire and they said they couldn't do that. I went to Discount tire (about a mile away) and they had no issue.

KO2's mostly have a Speed Rating of either R or S:

bfg-all-terrain-15-17-1_orig.jpg

R rating is good to 106mph and S is good to 112mph:

2-1-3_tire%20speed%20ratings---tread-life_bfg_image.jpg

I think you either misunderstood what you were told, or whoever you talked to at Discount Tire was misinformed.

You are NOT good to go to 118mph. You might want to take a look at your tire's sidewall and confirm that they are NOT a T-Rated tire.

HTH

Thanks for the correction, 112 mph is correct I forgot the exact number and thought it was 118. I am used to Y rated tires and there isn't much of a difference between 112 and 118 in my book.

On empty highways I get over 100 mph and with the Icons the ride is great. It prefers the higher speeds from my experience. Last night I was doing ~120 mph through an empty dark construction zone through wisconsin. It felt sort of what I imagine baja racing feels like esp with my bright IPF LED bulbs lighting a completely dark night. Icons ate through the twists and turns like butter (Chicago is a different story). I was actually cruising not racing through the highway at that speed. I think Coilovers really complement the body on Frame truck nicely although I do wish there was something even nicer. While driving I was trying to think how michelins would have felt compared to the KO2s as I was having a hard time imagining something running even smoother.

Those numbers may sound high to some but it felt right in the moment and did not feel I was going to fast for conditions. Replacing the rear shocks makes the car absorb the bumps really well.

Thanks for the correction, 112 mph is correct I forgot the exact number and thought it was 118. I am used to Y rated tires and there isn't much of a difference between 112 and 118 in my book.

On empty highways I get over 100 mph and with the Icons the ride is great. It prefers the higher speeds from my experience. Last night I was doing ~120 mph through an empty dark construction zone through wisconsin. It felt sort of what I imagine baja racing feels like esp with my bright IPF LED bulbs lighting a completely dark night. Icons ate through the twists and turns like butter (Chicago is a different story). I was actually cruising not racing through the highway at that speed. I think Coilovers really complement the body on Frame truck nicely although I do wish there was something even nicer. While driving I was trying to think how michelins would have felt compared to the KO2s as I was having a hard time imagining something running even smoother.

Those numbers may sound high to some but it felt right in the moment and did not feel I was going to fast for conditions. Replacing the rear shocks makes the car absorb the bumps really well.

Your forum name makes sense now.

You are that guy that I worry about while driving in Chicago....:)

Thanks for the correction, 112 mph is correct I forgot the exact number and thought it was 118.

Really? What size tire are you running on your RW wheels - since you say they are S-Rated("112 mph is correct"), are you running the LT265/70R17 or the LT315/70R17?

And, just because it's what I do, what tire pressure?

:confused:

I would be more worried from the drunk drivers and people on their cell phones. If I am speeding it is when the road is completely clear and its mostly straightaways. LC has too much body roll for any type of racing but the 5.7L has to get out and breathe sometimes. Its a great engine, I used to hate V8s.

Really? What size tire are you running on your RW wheels - since you say they are S-Rated("112 mph is correct"), are you running the LT265/70R17 or the LT315/70R17?

And, just because it's what I do, what tire pressure?

:confused:

I'm running 285 but discount said they were S. Going to check sidewall shortly.

Gaijin because of you I have been sticking to 42 psi but since summer has arrived the tire pressure increased by itself to 46. It starts around 41 and warms up. I read from other mudders that running 38 psi with icons felt better to them. I haven't tried this but I aim to wear my tires in next few months to try justify the KO3s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom