Dash lights came on in my 2009 LC (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I took it to Auto Zone to run for codes and this is what they got. "P2714 Pressure Control Solenoid 'D' Performance/Stuck Off" A "C1201Engine Control System Malfunction. EV Control System Malfunction" and a C1268 Transfer L4 Position Switch Circuit". Once I disconnected the battery the only light flashing now is the center diff lock. The VSC went away. Anyone had this happen to them?
Thanks,

Just heard back from my mechanic that it needs a transfer case actuator. $3,500 I didn't plan on spending at the moment. He said I can drive it now, just won't have 4wd low.

Just heard back from my mechanic that it needs a transfer case actuator. $3,500 I didn't plan on spending at the moment. He said I can drive it now, just won't have 4wd low.
Check out this thread first, you might be able to fix it.

Also that seems pretty expensive for just the actuator.
36410-60112
It Can be had for under $1000 from Partsouq or around $1500 from discount Toyota parts sites.

If just the center diff is blinking drive it around for 10 minutes….turn the LC off and then turn it back on. If the light is now off you are dealing with what 89% of LC200 owners deal with. Happens to mine if I park it outside and it’s cold overnight or sometimes just random. If I do what I mentioned the light goes off and the 4wd will still engage.

Just picked up my LC from getting the oil changed and value cover gaskets replaced. Weird thing now is no lights on the dash is lit up and the LC is running smoother than before. I guess I was loosing some engine pressure from the gaskets. When I filled up the gas tank before my range would show 265+. When I did the first fill up yesterday after picking it up my range showed 320.

Just picked up my LC from getting the oil changed and value cover gaskets replaced. Weird thing now is no lights on the dash is lit up and the LC is running smoother than before. I guess I was loosing some engine pressure from the gaskets. When I filled up the gas tank before my range would show 265+. When I did the first fill up yesterday after picking it up my range showed 320.
That leads me to believe that my comment earlier was correct. I deal with that issue as well. Hopefully yours is the same!

I took it to Auto Zone to run for codes and this is what they got. "P2714 Pressure Control Solenoid 'D' Performance/Stuck Off" A "C1201Engine Control System Malfunction. EV Control System Malfunction" and a C1268 Transfer L4 Position Switch Circuit". Once I disconnected the battery the only light flashing now is the center diff lock. The VSC went away. Anyone had this happen to them?
Thanks,
Seems Autozone description of error codes not correct for the Toyota Land Cruiser 200

I have not ventured out into figuring what is the best.

What I have is a veepeak blue tooth OBD2 dongle (was already using for my BMW 535d) and OBD Fusion to be able to see transmission temps etc.

I did buy for $15 the Toyota, Lexus, Scion enhanced diagnostics add on, however did not need in anger yet on my 2021.

Maybe others can comment on how good OBD fusion is for these diagnostics.

IMG_4283.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom