nylon oil pressure line (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jblueridge

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone have good or bad experiences with nylon line for mechanical oil pressure gauge?

Seems very convenient but flimsy.

I don't think braided hose will work because of the necessary adapter and couplings: hard to fit into over-dash gauge pod.

On my 80 I added a mechanical oil pressure gage. I used a kit with the nylon line and necessary fittings. NEVER had a problem with it. Make sure it is routed appropriately and not exposed to any damaging points (sharp, rotating, etc.).

I blew one right at the fitting years ago in a bj70 due to the 3Bs vibration (I assume), luckily it was in a parking lot and I noticed the leak when I backed out. I now use the copper tubing that autometer sells for my mechanical oil pressure gauges.

Running the copper in and around things in the dash not too difficult?
My route is center of dash, go right and over steering, then into the engine bay via firewall grommet far right.

Whatever I use I will probably add braided sleeving from McMaster Carr to counteract rubs.

No sir, not too difficult at all. The braided sleeve is a good idea, I may need to look into that!

20180425_125418.jpg
20180425_125449.jpg
20180425_125616.jpg

Oh cool!

Here's the sleeving link. I get the fray resistant stuff when running wires.

McMaster-Carr

Wow, they have all kinds of options. I like the looks of the fray resistant expandable sleeve, I think that would allow me to slip it over the fittings.

OEM electric gauge reads low (or my engine is buggered)
Mech gauge should be better though possibly a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom