Small steps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maliabletick

SILVER Star
Threads
Finally learned to changed the oil from my cruiser. It's not much but it's a first step on learning to maintain your own car. Unfortunately the oil filter was I got was too small so I'll have to go and buy the right one. Besides transmission fluid and fuel filter, was else should I drain?

Hi
Depends on what your actual activity is.

In general there are:
Coolant, Brake hydraulic fluid , Clutch hydraulic fluid, steering servo fluid, (if fitted) engine oil, ATF or gearbox oil, tranny oil, diff oil front rear, fuel, windshield washer.

Serviceable filters there are:
Engine oil, fuel filter (may be multiples), fuel water sedimenter (diesel, if fitted), probably a filter screen in the IP. Depending on the IP, you may need to occasionally oil the diaphragm with a drop of leather-oil.
Air filter
(Filter not regularly serviced are on the fuel pickup in the tank and oil pickup in the sump)

There are usually also a number of spots to grease (Steering, knuckles, propshafts, probably suspension).

If you are about to basic the vehicle: Change / service them all.
If you are on a regular maintenance cycle: The service intervals, greas schedule as well as the spec for the fluids are in your service manual.
If you don't have manual: check out the resources on the top of the 70s section. If you are wrenching on the vehicle yourself you barely can do without manuals.
Good Luck Ralf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom